Question about quality on encore reissues.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oktoberfest, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest Well-Known Member

Hi there.

Does anyone already own a encore transformers reissue?

I would like to know if there indeed slight changes to the mold (different face etc.) or quality issues (like bad paint app).
    Also, do the figures still have their original die-cast parts or did Takaratomy put more plastic in?

I look forward to hear from the actual Encore reissue owners.

Regards

Oktoberfest

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I got my Encore Convoy yesterday & the right arm doesn't line up too well. It seems warped a bit & in truck mode there's a big gap in the back where the two arm pieces are supposed to meet & close up. You can see his head a little. I'm pissed but it's not a huge problem. If I lived in Japan I'd take it back & get another one.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There have been some minor complaints with the Encore series such as paint jobs but the collectors in my country, Singapore have been pretty satisfied with them.

5. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Mine's all good (Convoy) no complaints.

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Encore Convoy's face isn't perfect. I have no complaints to the mold, though I don't have the original or other reissues to compare.
    Megatron is just beautiful. To me he's nice and heavy, but again, I don't have anything to compare him to.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Well comparing my Encore Convoy to my G1 Magnus, the only change I can notice is that it is using a different head sculpt (the size is a tiny bit off and he has little vents on the faceplate). I'm not sure if that's new, though, or if the sculpt was made for an earlier reissue. I've also noticed that the joints on Convoy are a lot looser than Magnus (mainly the elbows and knees, which bend readily on Convoy, but only with extreme effort on Magnus). I also had some trouble with Convoy's left shoulder when transforming him the first time, as it was a lot stiffer than I'm used to (I accidentally popped it out of the socket, thankfully it slid right back in).

The only QC problem I have is that his right foot had a tiny little chip in the paint right out of the box.

8. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    No one's mentioned anything about diecast yet. I doubt Prime has much, if any.

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    His feet and chest are, at least.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the reason why its not mention is because its a given...if there's no die-cast, the news would have spread throughout the fandom by now and if they're no diecast, it would mean that TakaraTomy's financial isn't so good as to cut corners! LOL!

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    He has the same amount the mold's always had.

12. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Encore Prime was perfect out of the box no complaints. I haven't opened any of the others up yet.

13. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I was going to start a Encore QC thread myself... I have issue with the factory sticker application on Prime, mine came out of the box with visable scratches on them and some of them were pealing off.

My starscream has a slight smudge in the painted Decepticon symbol on one of his wings, he comes with teh stickers to cover them up but painted logos > sticers IMHO.

Also, Soundwave when placed next to the TRU reissue or the original is a differant shade of blue, he's noticably a lighter shade.

Megatron however.... ROCKS OUT LOUD! I don't/never had an original Megs to compare him to so can't help on that.

Don't let my minor complaints turn you off to them though, these are great toys and look teh awsum! I just think for the price they should have been in better condition when I removed them from the box or I should have followed my gut feeling and left them in the box.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm guessing it's the silver stripes on the cab. those are a problem on every single prime and magnus cab. they need to change the material the stickers are made of, that silver foil crap isnt cutting it.

15. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

lol my bootleg prime actually has cab stickers that stay on lol

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Worst my Convoy had was a piece of dirt under one of the trailer stripes. I did some minor damage digging it out, but it still looks better than the bump. No problems, with the cab stickers.

17. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    There's truth in them there words! Yea it was the silver cab stickers, my brain just quit on me and I could think of a way to discribe em.

18. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

QFT. No diecast would result in a fandom-wide shitstorm of biblical proportions.