Question about "Powerlinx" Armada Jetfire...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMOG, Dec 23, 2006.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Is this colour variant particularly rare or hard to find?

I'm just curious. As bizarre as it sounds, I have just decided I'd like to add an Armada Jetfire to my collection. Yeah... it took a long time to grow on me. :) 

Anyway, I came across pics of the "Powerlinx" version and I have to say... I really prefer the white/blue deco to the regular white/red/grey version. However, it seems like there aren't a lot of them around compared to the regular edition. Should I expect to pay a lot more for one of these?

I'm actually not an MiB hardcase. I like to get my TFs cheap and loose when I can, so I'm not about to drop a large sum for a collector's item. But I DO like that sharp blue and white deco...

Thanks in advance for any info!

Plus, if anyone has one kicking around that they might want to sell, that'd be even better. Heh heh... ;) 

zmog

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Did'nt see him here much either, maybe he had a lower case ratio or retailers were alreay overstocked with so many previous Armada toys they did'nt order as much since he was in a late wave.

He's pretty awesome
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah... big improvement over the regular version IMO. That red & white deco seems overused, especially for Jetfire. Nice pics, btw... that's a nice Brave shuttle too. :) 

Another question... the Powerlinx version seems especially white. Is the regular version a sort of off-white, by contrast?

I can't decide whether I should go for a regular Jetfire now, or hold out for a Powerlinx one.

zmog

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That's a tough call actually, I'll never decide which one I like better. It's the old case of red vs blue pretty much. Id probably lean towards the red one since it matches the G1 version more, and that those are Louisville colors lol
    But the blue has that cool pinstriping on the nose

another pic, sorreh it's old
    [​IMG]

Armada Overload makes a cool launch pad for him if you got him

5. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

ANY armada toys are hard to find nowadays, but if you get the chance, buy him.

6. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I have the Powerlinx version, and at the time he wasn't too had to find, but now it seems tougher.

The only thing I like about the original is that he has the re-entry burn on him.

I think Wombat King has a Japanese Jetfire MIB.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I prefer the red and white deco myself, but that's just me.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of my favorite Armada molds, and the redeco is nice. Looking forward to Club Astrotrain's arrival as well.

And from CM's pic, that is in fact the TF Galaxy Shuttle, not Brave Thunder Dagwon. Magestically white, I might add. Beautiful!