Customs: Question about paint pens

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Optimus1138, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How many of you use Sharpie paint pens for doing detail work on TFs? I'm considering getting some, and am wondering how well the paint stays on the figures, and how it looks.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Also, please don't anyone do another rant about how horrible Sharpies are. I've heard it already, and I'm talking about the paint pens, not the markers.

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I tried a silver paint pen for some random TF rims and it worked out ok (same thing with the silver Sharpie). But after a while (and excessive handling), the silver wore off in places. Personally, I wouldn't recommend them, but I'm sure you can do a layer of Future or something over them to seal them.

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I've used regular permanent Sharpies and Elmer paint markers to detail my toys. I recommend going over them with Future after they dry. I've noticed plenty of wearing off, but I still enjoy using them when I can't use paint, like at my job.

I recently painted some yellow details on my Nitro Bumblebee at home. Then the other day I had him at work and used some markers, including really thin Bic permanent markers, to add some more details. I plan to go over some of those parts with paint when I get the chance, but I can only paint so often and these markers provide a good stand in. I like my Bee's look much more now!

I haven't used paints for too long, so I don't know if they're really that much better as far as maintaining their look...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  4. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

if you use a paint pen like that you should clear coat it after 20 minutes, i did it with my upcoming RTS grapple figure it works perfectly fine and doesn't wear or fade