Question About Non-Paying Bidders

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Auto Morph, May 26, 2011.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Although I am a reasonably experienced seller, I have yet to come across a winning bidder on one of my auctions who just didn't end up paying within the required timescale (for me it's 3 days). It looks like I might now have two of them at the same time!

My question is this: if they don't pay/refuse to pay, despite me invoicing them and sending friendly, polite messages explaining the terms and conditions of my auctions, and I register a non-payment strike against them, can they still leave me negative feedback?

I mean, the item will still show up on their 'items won' list right? What's to stop them getting in a strop with me because I've chased them (reasonably so in my book) for payment and then issued a strike against them? Surely they can leave whatever feedback they like about me even though they are 100% completely in the wrong.

Anyone had any experience with this?

2. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

If the buyer doesn't respond to the unpaid item case, they cannot leave you feedback once the case is closed. However, if they close the case by paying, then they can leave you negative.

If a buyer doesn't respond to invoices or polite messages, I would open a case on the 4th day after auction close since you state in your listings that payment is due within 3 days. This way, you can re-list your items ASAP.

3. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah i sorta have, quite simply open up a case through ebay with the buyers.

people seem to forget that buying on ebay is a legaly binding contract (explained when you sign up to ebay)

if anything it usually just makes them pay up for what they have bought!

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I've always wondered why buyers vanish after winning an item in the last seconds of an auction when they could pay right away. I guess all they're interested in is securing the item.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Here's the thing. They might pay one day before their time runs out on any claim I open against them, which means they have still paid for the item. So, now in a pissed off mood that I dared to do such a thing they take it out on me by leaving me shitty feedback or making up some story about the item being damaged or not as described or similar.

Geez, these buyers really do have us sellers over a barrel sometimes... :( 

6. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    They can leave negative but you can leave a response, then sit on their feedback till it expires. I usually leave no feedback for bad buyers (cause eBay won't let you leave Neg, idiots)

7. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

You are right, they may. However, my experience has typically been that they won't, because they know that they should have paid as agreed. If they do leave negative feedback that you feel is clearly unjustified, contact Ebay.