Question about my G1 ebay lot

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathonacracker, Jun 15, 2011.

1. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    Hey everyone. i posted a lot of G1 TF's on the ebay board. i got an offer from a buyer for this lot if i wanted to just sell it to him but im not sure if i should. if you wouldnt mind having a look at the auction and letting me know what you think the value may be.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-ebay/417570-my-leftover-g1-lot.html

he is offering $180 for it.

should i jump on this or let it ride?

thanks for your help!

2. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Let it ride, the lot should go for well over that.

3. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    thanks ian5555. this is my first go at a G1 ebay sale. these are all childhood toys ( i kept the ones i wanted) and it's still hard to let them go, but with a baby coming i thought it was time to just do it. i just needed a confidence booster that i was doing the right thing...who better to boost it than the people of TFW2005! i knew i could count on you guys!

thanks!!

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You could probably squeeze a little more out of it. The buyer will probably part it out for more, as $180 for all those figures works out to around $8 each.

5. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First of all, congrats on becoming a father, that is awesome news, and a huge deal.

The lot looks pretty cool, a lot of nice pieces in there. I'm not en ebay expert, so others here can probably speak with more authority, but my observations are that you have some nice pieces, though few are complete, which would detract a little from the value. Generally you can get more if you split these things up to sell them, but that generally works better when you've got pieces that are complete, or near complete. Also, it's more of a hassle to handle ten separate auctions, versus one large auction. As you probably know, your time will become extremely valuable, particularly with a child, so your time is worth something.

At the end of the day, $180 doesn't sound too bad to me. My two cents. And congrats again.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    $180 sounds like too little for what I see in those pics. But seeing as it is ebay you can always charge the guy $180 for the figures and $200 for shipping. :p 

7. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I would take the $180 as most of them are not complete and yeah the guy might part it out but he isn't going to make much more then what he's paying for it if that's his intentions. I say take the money and run like you stole something as that's a pretty good deal just IMO

8. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    You can't end the auction early to take an offer, its against the ebay rules.

Now if you had it up as a auction/BIN then that is another story.

9. ian5555

Well, you have a bunch of Stunticons and Aerialbots there and each of those go for well over $100 complete. Missing Dead End and alot of weapons though. The Predaking head is easily $25 and the Weapon $10 so Razorclaw is at least $40-50 range. Chromedome + the Headmaster is easily worth $40-50, Astrotrain complete $30-40.

Course some of these are loose and not in perfect condition but you have to understand that when a movie comes out prices for Transformers goes UP so this is actually the best time to sell.

I bet it goes for $300.00. Collectors can be quite stupid when bidding as they get caught up in the moment and I'd bet on that.

10. ian5555

I have done this before so yes you can. Just say you made a listing error and it will end the auction and keep Ebay out of it. F em.

11. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    such great feedback! i don't understant the auction/BIN though. im primarily selling them as a lot to keep from having to manage individual sales.

and thank you for the words of encouragement on the child thing. it's a very exciting time in my life! i can't wait for him to get old enoughto hopefully share this little addiction of TF collecting that i have. and it's always a great excuse to buy some of the TF's items made for tots!

12. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hear you, it can be a lot of fun. I got my little one a plush "Optimus Prime" for when he was born. He actually hasn't played much with it, he prefers the actual plastic and die-cast toys. Maybe he's already got the collector's mentality.

13. deathonacracker

Ebay:
    Well, I've decided to cancel the auction and create individual ones. It may be a little more work but I think it will attract more buyers to the items they want instead of turning them off to items they may already have. Thanks for all of the input!!!