Question about Multiplayer/Single player Jet character use

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

It has explicitly been said that in the story mode, all levels in the game that use jets will be jet-exclusive, and ground vehicle levels will be exclusive to ground vehicles as well.

Given that, do you think we can expect compatibility problems in multiplayer, where some characters can choose jets and others ground vehicles? Will it create a parity in competativeness? Do you think the levels will be the same as the ones in single player, just more freely explorable?

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    From what we've seen of the Multiplayer, jets are integrated just the same as cars and tanks.

I think the main thing for the campaign is to make the levels more dynamic for flying transformers. Who really wants to play a level where you just follow a set path?
    This way they can come up with these crazy level layouts for jets that are just not possible for ground based robots. It makes sense to split the two up, instead of tethering jets to just flying at head height alongside cars and trucks.

As for Multiplayer maps, I have a feeling they will be based on areas you visit in the campaign, but a single part of that enviroment opened up as much as possible. A lot may also have nothing to do with the story levels, just something the devs thought would be a really cool arena to fight in.

I wouldnt put too much emphasis on exploration in multiplayer though, better to pay attention to the guy shooting at you :lol 

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think it will be a problem in multiplayer. It sure wasn't in the ROTF game.

4. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i hope in a sequel they mix it up some. i'm thinking of something like both doing different objectives that compliment each other. while players using ground vehicles to take out anti-air guns, while players using jets are used for support and hit targets ground vehicles cant reach, like orbital missile launchers and mortar artillery.