Question about mp3 player Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundwave2, May 24, 2007.

1. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    Does anybody know if there a display screen that says what song is playing? or is this like the iPod shufffle where it's just random?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Judging from what we have seen so far (the pics you show) there is no evidence of a display. I however don't think it is random. If the buttons on him are functional the tracks will play in order an you can skip forward or backward in the list.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm guessing it controls similarly to an MP3 player I have which plugs into my car cigarette lighter. It runs through the songs on the card in order (either alphabetical or file date or some such), and you can skip forward or back in that list. I'd like a random shuffle function, but I don't see any apparent buttons which would control that.

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I personally detest shuffle play and hope beyond all reason that he's capable of playing straight through, in order. I don't care if shuffle play is available, because I know some people love it, but I would hate for that to be the only method of playback.

I do hope there ends up being a display somewhere on him though. It would have been awesome to see it in the chest, but I'd be OK with it in his back somewhere too. It won't be a dealbreaker, it'd just be nice to have.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No display IS a dealbreaker for me. I hope there's one on the back, but I doubt it. What sense does it make to have the controls on the opposite side of the display?

6. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

A perfect spot for the display would be right under the decepticon logo on his chest. Even if it was tiny and scrolled, just to give you an idea of what song/artist was playing.

7. Night Flame

I really figured that would be the spot they put it. That chest plate still looks like it's basically clear, they just have something solid under it. What are the chances they just haven't shown a picture of him yet with the electronics activated, and that solid piece we're seeing under the "window" is actually a non-active, lightable display?

No way of knowing of course, and I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but man would that be sweet.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

You know, I think I actually prefer that it doesn't have an obvious display. I'm totally with people who want an option other than shuffle play.... but I bet it has that, assuming those buttons are functional.

I kinda think a display would make it look less like Soundwave, though. I'm buying the figure as an action figure first and foremost (I already own a couple iPods, don't need another), so I'll take toy-accuracy over MP3 functionality. The fact that he can play music is just a cool bonus.

That's just me, though. I can completely understand that people want to get as much functionality out of him as possible. It would be neat if he had a display tucked on his back somewhere; it owuld still be there for those who wanted it, but it wouldn't disrupt the look of the toy.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No display? Oh noes!
    What did we do when we all had tape decks?
    ...Oh, the irony.

10. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

You know, if he had the correct buttons, this would actually be the most cartoon accurate version yet.

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh wow, he's dinky in that comparison shot with the g1

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ... but approximately the same size as the Titanium Soundwave (though a little broader I'm guessing)

13. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    very nice indeed

14. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics Soundwave!

15. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Nice... :lol 

I am happy that I got mine pre-ordered but I am kinda disappointed by its size, comparing to the original G1 Soundwave.

16. Night Flame

I'd be kind of disappointed if he was bigger though. I know a lot of people are just looking at this as an action figure only, but for those of us who think it'll be an awesome MP3 player that happens to be an action figure too, if he was too big and bulky it would make his cool functionality pretty useless for anything but sitting at a desk.

Not that there would have been anything horribly wrong with that either. I'm just so stoked for an MP3 player Soundwave that I can't say too much bad about it no matter what may be "wrong" with it.

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Eh, the smaller size would make it more portable for using as an MP3. I am glad I preordered it. While a display would be helpful, I am buying this because of the fact it is a new Soundwave mold(and obviously better than the tit one) The mp3 funtion is a bonus. Like onesock has been saying, this is the closest to classics SW we are going to get.

18. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

For that reason I am happy that I pre-ordered and I can't wait to get it. ;) 

Agreed!