Question about MP Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GeraldKeefer, Dec 13, 2010.

1. GeraldKeefer

GeraldKeefer Gabba Gabba Hey!

Just wondering I've noticed some of the MP Megs come with the orange plug in the barrel and some do not. What is the difference? Also is the orange plug removable? Were there 2 different lines of this? Sorry I just really want to buy one but I'm on a limited budget and wanted to ask all you pros first.

Thanks for any help.

2. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    I believe the orange-plugged MP Megs are catered for the US market because of govt regulations. Non orange-plugged ones are for the rest of the international market.

3. GeraldKeefer

thats what i kinda thought...so it's the exact same thing except for a orange plug you can just pull out?

4. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's only one official release, the orange tip was put there by online retailers and wholesellers to avoid customs problem when shipping to country like America. And yes, you can pull it out. :) 

5. GeraldKeefer

Sweet...perhaps this will be my 3rd MP purchase. Oh the sickness. Went from only collecting G1 to the new, affordable Generations line and now the super expensive MP line! My wife is gonna freak!

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only store putting plugs into Megatron was BBTS (I think?). You can pull it out but its glued in so your going to have pieces of it stuck inside the barrel. If that bugs you, plenty of other retailers will be selling Megatron unmodified.

7. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

I got mine from digital-toys.com, and it also had the orange plug. It was removable, but I suspect it was actually glued in, because I had to use a pair of pliers to remove it.

As I recall, HLJ was also including the plugs in their stock when shipped to the US.

As said, the plug is something only done by certain retailers, which means that if you're getting one with a plug, that someone's opened it, if that makes a difference to you.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this may help:

source: MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron with Orange Barrel Plug (Reissue) - Transformers Masterpiece Masterpiece

it's U.S. law, period. and the reason why legends Megs will be orange tipped.

i was hoping to get this next month, but not planning to remove the tip since i won't be transforming him. (he's all Frah-gee-lee, LOL.)

but to answer your question bluntly: 1 has an orange tip, one does not. that simple. but to get one here in the U.S. through a seller, you're gonna get the orange tip.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dunno about that...... some TFW sponsors won't be doing that:2c: 

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I find this somewhat interesting. When I purchased my MP Megs on ebay, the seller clearly noted that it had the orange plug.
    Yet, when it arrived, it did not have the plug. I'm glad it didn't because it looks stupid with the plug on it.
    The other thing I don't get, is that MP Megatron is packaged in his robot mode anyway. So why would it matter?
    His G1 counterpart was packaged in gun mode, but MP Megs was packaged in robot mode.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Odk bout that, I live in thr US, and mine doesn't have a plug ;) . But I got mine from a risky business owner who went to japan to get his stock himself.

12. stormshadow0621

stormshadow0621 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's also different plugs put in... I remember the one from TFSource (2nd run) had one that could easily be pulled out without glue. Also the first run were MISB which I still have.

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

The fact that it wont be seized by customs is nice and makes this figure more tempting but the horror stories of transforming it and it snapping in half and the cosmic rust tarnish issue make this figure something that i just dont want in my collection due to the high maintenance.

14. Tigertrack

I've had no problems with mine. It stands nice and tall on it's own. I see no rust on it anywhere. My only problem with it was trying to transform it into gun-mode. I couldn't get the legs to go into position to form the handle for the gun.
    Other than that, mines perfect. I think it's worth it, especially if you have Masterpiece Prime. The way I see it, you can't have one without the other.

15. havanowoncheese

Well i am looking at getting MP Prime Final so maybe mp megs can be added. These figures are honestly the only high dollar figures i have any interest in since i am not really keen on collecting vintage figures.

16. Tigertrack

My only complaint about MP Megs is he's too big. I wish they made him half the size and with more metal.
    Since Igear made the Faith Leader smaller version of MP04, I've often wished they would make a smaller Megs.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they are, just with no metal, waiting for the crying to begin, how many broken kos that cost more than the actual thing

18. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Igear will be making MP Megs in a scale to match their Faith Leader. It's PP-02, but has yet to be released yet. They're too busy with PP-01 repaints and will be skipping it to do the non-coneheads (PP-03) first.

Saw an unpainted sample of PP-02 at one point. But don't remember where.

Edit: Ninja'd by Brr-icy. LOL I took too long to type mine out.

19. havanowoncheese

Just preordered the re-issue megs and Final Convoy from BBTS. Everyone seems to have great expereiences with them so in march these toys should be mine!

20. Tigertrack

I plan on getting Prime around Jan-Feb, so I'd be interested in seeing this version of Megs.
    Oh, here it is.

PP-02 Megatron