Question about MP-13 Soundwave preorder

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by sleekmr3, Jun 22, 2012.

1. sleekmr3

sleekmr3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm seeing some overseas websites doing preorders for the amazon exclusive MP-13 soundwave.

I have dealt with robotkingdom a few times and it has always been pleasant. I was thinking of pre-ordering mp-13.

Here are a few of my questions:

-Will Soundwave be released in Toy R Us?
    -Will the hasbro vs Tak version be different? IMO Takara always had the better paint applications on their pieces.

-MP-13 preordered and shipped is a little over $200. I wouldn't mind waiting for them to release at TRU to save on cost, if they are going to release in stores.

Do you think there is a major cost saving waiting for the stateside release?

I don't want to miss out on this item so I'm getting antsy about ordering but the price tag is a big turn off.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a good chance.

The Hasbro MPs usually look different in some at least small ways, like Rodimus' chest deco and plastic colors and Optimus Prime's brighter colors and painted eyes.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    You should also consider, if they do release at TRU, how long from now will the Hasbro version release? If MP-10 is any iindication you could be waiting for close to a year...You want to wait that long? I also think that you are bound to look at peoples threads with them showing off pics of how cool he is, so you are likely to succumb to essentially 'peer pressure' and end up buying it anyway. My advice is just go ahead he is so worth it :D 

4. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got my preorder locked in at BBTS for 159.99 which is good priced compared to import stores.

5. sleekmr3

sleekmr3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does that include shipping?

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

Personally I'm waiting for a NA release like the OP. No reason to buy a near $200 oversized Soundwave toy when it's almost guaranteed he's going to come here for $80 or less.

7. Oh_Slag

Oh_Slag Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Preordering

Pros:
    1. Lock-in a magnificent figure that is worth it's pricetag
    2. Stateside release is very likely, however stateside release inventories get bought up FAST (MP Grimlock comes to mind)
    3. Takara's MP figures tend to have better paint apps, finish, and overall quality (gonna pretend that MP Rodimus never existed)

Cons:
    1. High price tag
    2. Having to wait til December!
    3. Having to purchase MP's 12,13, and 14 all at once!

When Soundwave was announced, I didn't even think about it. No way I could miss this figure. The MP shelf will just look boring without him.

8. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It does not, but I also preordered mp sideswipe and red alert as well from BBTS, and will have them in my POL untill all 3 are in stock. So basically I will be paying 12 bucks for shipping on all 3.

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Not to mention MP Takara toys come with a card. US releases don't.

10. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am close, very close, to cancelling my pre-order at BBTS for this very reason. Honestly though, if they had just stuck with the OG pre-order price like everyone else, I'd prolly be singing another tune.