Question about MP-05

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wipeyourfeet, Oct 4, 2007.

1. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    After hearing that MP-05 was getting a re-release I knew I had to get one at a preorder price, ebay prices hurt my wallet :( , but I was wondering where I should get it from. I was originally thinking BBTS, but then I read that TFsource do one for cheaper and without the safety plug glued on. Is this true? And if so should I get the C-9 quality or the Mint box? Does the C-9 box mean it has the plug? Sorry for all these questions, but I don't want to make a mistake in buying this guy.

---Wipeyourfeet---

2. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try Ages Three & Up.

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The c-9 box isn't going to be wrapped in plastic and might have a small ding on the corner or something somewhere. It doesn't mean that it'll have an orange plug. They don't plug their encore megs, and I didn't heard of them plugging mp megs the first time around.

4. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I bought mine during the first run from Hobby Link Japan and it was only $96 shipped, they put an orange plug in the barrel but you couldn't even tell the box had ever been opened and the plug popped right out.

6. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Related to this, a couple of months ago, I actually placed a pre-order for the second round of MP-05s, the ones that are supposedly shipping this month, from Digital Toys. Do any of you know when, precisely, I might expect this figure to actually ship? I don't have any experience A) with pre-orders, or B) with that website, so any help in terms of rough estimations based on either past experience or insider information would be appreciated. Thanks.

7. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

HLJ is good. Saves a bit if you go for slow SAL shipping. Their yellow rubber plug pulls right out. No worries on scratching paint at all.

But as long as you are going to transform this guy, you'll end up damaging the paint more than any orange plug can do. :) 

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Mike will ship it when he gets it... Roughly 2 weeks from whenever it's released in Japan.