Question about Megs in TF: Infiltration (spoilers inside)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ranoobu, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Hey guys.. just got to reading Infiltration.. and I have a probably bad newbie question...

Checked a bunch of infiltration threads.. and definitely checked #5 since that's where my question comes from..

But does anyone have a theory.. or do they even reveal... why Megatron has such tougher armor/skin than his other decepiticons that he can withstand all their blasts.. and even a suped up Starscream?

I'm not sure about the IDW-verse.. but borrowing on other info.. is it because Megatron is much more ancient than the others? like.. one of the first transformers or something?

Trying to understand what makes Megatron's body so different from the others

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They never explain it. It's just because he's the leader and should be stronger I guess.

3. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Ohh ok thanks

Would be cool if they explained it though. He's like super powered compared to the rest of his group

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He probably had his outer shell reinforced with better materials over time, and the rest of the decepticons were stuck with weaker materials for their shells. Perks of being the leader.

5. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Well in the Megatron Origins he got beat up and rebuilt a few times. Add that up over the centuries to current and he probably has layers of tough skin. I dunno. Best I could think of. If you want an answer to that I would post it on the IDW boards and I bet Simon Furman would answer it himself.

6. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

.... Or ... Reason why he is the leader. Bascially Megs can take a beating and keep on ticking. When most other decepticons would be dead.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    There has never been an official explanation.

Plus, I got the feeling that Starscream thought he would go down much easier and didn't really play his Ore-13 powered advantage to his full... uh... advantage.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Megatron is Megatron. Overtime, he's become the strongest Decepticon.

Plus, keep in mind that as the leader, he's likely privy to a greater share of the Energon rations than the infiltration units.

That's good enough for me.

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I think they've pretty much covered it. Between all the upgrades through the years and the ore-13 stuff, he's pretty tough. Even Prime had a difficult time with him.

Besides, he wouldn't be that threatening of a villain if he wasn't tougher than everyone else.

10. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

It's cause he's the boss. It's a standard rule of all action comics and tv shows that as the heroes fight the bad guys they become progressively tougher the higher up the chain of command they are so that they're always only a little bit above the current level of the hero.