Question about Megatron's arm

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jul 27, 2007.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Ok so we clearly see his morning star mace arm. Also we see that when he puts his hands together, it extends to form his fusion cannon.

But right before he breaks out of captivity and flies away in hoover dam, did anyone else notice his arm transforming into a sword or something? He used it to break off the things surrounding him. It looks like it extended from his arm and was blade like. Not totally blade-like like Optimus's sword but more like just an extension. Anyone else notice this? I only notice this in the 6th viewing. It happened really quickly

2. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    Good question

Well...

[​IMG]

3. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

no idea but you just keep giving me reasons to watch it again lol i would imagine Megatron has....wait for it....... many tricks up his sleeves lmao/groan >_<

4. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Didn't see any blade but I did see him use the morning star/flail when he was breaking lose in Sector Seven. It slides out on the chain/wires right before he says "I am Megatron" and starts going psycho.

5. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

That was his hand turning into the mace, he used it to escape as well as on top of the building.

6. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

Like people have said, it’s his mace which is featured also when Sam is on top of the building (worse place to be) he uses it again.
    If you play the game and beat the Autobots story you will see it in its full glory via the cinematics. The movie doesn’t give it enough time on screen which is disappointing and the same goes for Optimus Primes Sword :( 

7. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

Megatron was swinging his mace around while breaking out of the Hoover Dam hangar. You can see when he says "I am...MEGATRON!" His hand balls up into the mace.

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

He never uses a sword, only mace.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    That's what I saw.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i actually saw that panels on megs' arm moved around a lot

when he's fighting optimus in the city and he's kinda on all fours you can see panels kinda fold and slide up before his arms transform into the cannon

they also move around a bit when megs first transforms outside the hoover dam when he yells at starscream

pretty cool stuff
    i love little details like that

[kinda like the circle spinner thing in optimus' head when he moves and stuff. it swivels around and junk]

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I know you're not a 3D CG artist (to my knowledge, anyway), but do you think that the sort of detail, such as the disks on Prime's head spinning, is something CG artists tend to do to make the scene look more 'alive'?

Eg, in Beast Wars when characters have no dialogue, they are usually doing SOMETHING (such as shifting their feet, moving their arms), not just standing there like a bump on a log.

Of course, this doesn't apply to Energon and Cybertron. Sigh.

12. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is exactly why they do it. In animation, something is always moving. It's unnatural for everything to be static.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Just while this thread is here, did anyone catch the hand-gun Megs shot at Jazz with? It wasn't his fussion cannon but a smaller weapon.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah i saw megs shoot with just his right arm. pretty neat. he can transform his arm into a regular blaster type thing then he combines both arms for the mega-cannon of death that knocks prime through buildings xD

awesome

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Yep - one of the early episodes of Galaxy Force (I think it was not in the Cybertron run) had an unintentionally creepy scene where one of the kids was playing with the Mini-Cons, and Reverb (the blue one who looks abit like G1 Bumble) had a totally static face set in a blank expression while he was moving his arms about.

Seems the motto of low budget over there is "Nothing moves unless it absolutely has to".

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Plus, just by flipping the mace housing, you can recreate that gun on Leader Megs!

Movie Megatron just keeps getting cooler.

17. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Anybody ever notice the difference in weapons between American/Western animation and Japanese.
    The West seems to lean heavily in favour of guns, cannons, blasters etc. The Japanese writing & animation seems to prefer swords.

18. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

I went to see the movie for the third time - and specifically watched for that part because of this thread.

His arm turned into the morning star (same as on the building) when he was breaking out of the NBE1 chamber.

19. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

How come they didn't use it in the final battle?