Question about Megatron's alt mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DX7879, Mar 21, 2007.

1. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Just wanted to clarify some things. Megatron's "Alien Jet" mode is his cybertronian form right? Also, is it based on a real jet? Also, Megatron's earth form is rumored as being a stealth bomber right?

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

No "Earth mode" for movie number one, as I understand it. He's stuck with his Cybertronian jet mode, which is not based on any real vehicle (from Earth, anyway!).

3. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Yea, cybertronian jet, but I have yet to see an earth mode.

4. DX7879

Thanks for the responses. I kept hearing that they were using a new type of military jet that hasn't been shown to the public for Megatron. Is that true or not?

edit: BTW, what was with the whole razor jet thing?

5. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

No. This rumour has kinda risen from that Starscream is a F-22 Raptor, the first time it's ever been on the big screen.

6. DX7879

So that's what it was. I remember reading as well as hearing that Megatron is some type of new jet that has never been shown before. Good to know though

7. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yup.

Technically it's not the first time the F-22 has been on the big screen either....but it IS the first time the military actaully let them film using REAL F-22's. In past movies, it only appeared via the magic of CGI.

Starscream should kick a LOT of ass in this movie. Some might not like how he looks (I happen to think it looks bad ass...though the toys of him suck).....but he's big, he's got starscream's same attitude, but this time he can back it up. He's in charge of the decepticons, not megatron, as megatron abandoned cybertron in pursuit of the Allspark. He's got hand blades, tons of weaponry, and he's supposed to be the "favorite decepticon" in the movie....the decepticon version of bumblebee. (all of this is taken from the tech-specs on the back of his toy, and interviews with people making the movie, where they said that starscream was going to be the 'con that people watching the movie will be most interested in)

I can only assume that the dialog and stuff from those unfinished scripts was beefed up quite a bit, and that starscream has a really major role. *big thumbs up*

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i also hope starscream is a big part.
    as for this Razor; that was Shia TheBeef not knowing how to say "Raptor", in reference to Starscream. and boxerperson is right, it's the first time REAL Raptors will be on the big screen, but they've been in other movies as CGI effects, such as Hulk.
    im really surprised this is the first film in which real raptors will have appeared. i expect it has something to do with the fact that they were only just recently put into service, which is REALLY fcuked since the maiden test flight was in like 1991 or something. and they're STILL the most advanced aircraft on the planet.

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Wasn’t it said the Megs rumored earth mode is only for the video game?

10. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

I read one time that he won't scan an earth-mode until the end of the movie ,after the final battle!!!

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Here's what I'm wondering - Shouldn't Megs have a protoform version as well? He has to travel through space and planetfall like everybody else.

12. DX7879

I'm guessing that his alien jet form is how he's going to travel. No ball entry form for him

13. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Scooter is my friend

The Prequel comics say he has an "Interstellar Jet Mode". And from what I can tell, Megatron IS in his Protoform.

14. Boolatron

Boolatron Leader of the Boolacons

Actually, this is not true....the F-22 was used extensively in "The Hulk". In fact Big Green road on the back of one up into earth's upper atmosphere and lost conciousness.

Now, i can understand how anyone would want to put that travesty of movie out of their mind...but the F-22 was used in it.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

^^^Yeah, a few posters later said that it's the first time REAL F-22s will be filmed, as opposed to F-22s created using props and CGI.

And as for the "stealth bomber" Megatron in the videogame, keep in mind the journalist at IGN who wrote that article might not be 100% familiar with the series. Imagine there's a Beast Machines game where Thrust's bio says he's a "motorcycle," and Jetstorm's bio says he's a "stealth fighter." Doesn't mean Thrust is a Harley or Jetstorm is a B2.

I'd guess that either the game refers to Megatron as a "stealth bomber," or the reporter saw Megatron's fighter mode and decided to call it a "stealth bomber" in the same sense that we'd say Tanker is a "tank," and not specifically an M1.

It's the most economic explanation I can think of.

16. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Going by the script that's floated around (yeah, yeah, been changed, blah blah blah), he won't be getting one. Of course, it would be an easy add-on to make a scene where the movie's resolution isn't resolved at all, and have him 'pop' out of the water revived, scanning some sunken plane/ship or something on the deck of that which dropped him off, and taking off from their leaving the sequel all but manditory.