Question about Megatron/Starscream scene

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by B4MV, Jul 3, 2007.

1. B4MV

B4MV Member

I saw the movie twice last week in the screening periode and I must say it was an awesome movie. But one thing has left me thinking: I can't remember exactly, but when Megatron insulted Starscream, does we get a look at Starscream's face after that? Someone in donmurphy.net said he looks piss after Megs insulted him. But I didn't see that in screening here in Norway. Is their differente scene in the us realese or??

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Doesn't belong in the news forum. Moved.

3. B4MV

B4MV Member

Where should I post it then?

4. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    dont worry, its in the movie forum now :) 

and yes theres a quick scene of him replying to megatron with a close up of his face, blink and you will miss it though

5. B4MV

B4MV Member

That's strange....After Megs said he failed him, the scene just jumped to the highway scene....

6. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With that face of his I don't see how we could see that kind of expression, It always looks kind of angry to me. I could'nt tell if he was upset, but it did seem to cut away to quickly to tell.

7. Seabringer

Seabringer D34dp00l's H34dm4st3r

Looking way too much into these things, some of you are.

8. fret80

fret80 15 Tango

Agreed.
    You guys are giving the writers way too much credit. These are the same guys
    that gave us MI3 and the Legend of Zorro.

9. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

Nah I caught it, after Megatron says that to Starscream, Starscream's mouth has kind of a angry snarl, no expression from the eyes, just the mouth.

Eaither way he was not happy to hear that from his "so called missing for 100 years leader"

10. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

In the cartoon and comic, Megatron and Starscream have heavy history.

Starscream is always trying (mostly failing) to take the leadership from Megatron.

As a result, Starscream is not Megatron's favorite Decepticon.

So Megatron constantly takes every opportunity to remind Starscream of his dominance.

11. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw the 'angry' look, too. As a longtime Screamer fan, I find it funny that Megatron calls StarScream a 'failure', yet it was Megs that got stuck in Arctic ice and fell under human control for several decades. Who is Megs to call Starscream a failure? That's what I don't understand.

Anyway, I just hope Screamer has much more screen presence in the sequals.

12. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

He'll pretty much have to. It's down to him, Barricade, and four-fifths of Scorponok now, unless Starscream can find more Decepticons in outer space and bring them back to Earth.

13. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

which is almost certain to happen. Isn't it floating around somewhere that they want to bring in Soundwave and the Constructicons?

14. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yoda?

15. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never saw the Zorro flick but I have to say that MI3 sucked balls!

16. cptpain

cptpain Well-Known Member

because even if megs was pleased to be released from the fleshlings, it is still every decepticons duty to obtain the allspark and return to cybertron. and so instead of waiting for megatron to come out of the dam, scream couldve been chasing them.

plus in the city scene you'll notice that scream is on a building watching megs

17. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

Megatron is like that jerk boss we've all had, where you can never do anything correct or good enough to satisfy him. Plus, I think, Megatron was so ravenously hungry for the Allspark, he was like 100x more of a jerk then he was before hand.

Seeing as Megatron was practically foaming at the mouth & rabid to have the Allspark, Starscream just ignored the slap in the face & played it cool. He might've been thinking:

"Your hunger for the Allspark will be your downfall Megatron... & when you destroy yourself in the process of obtaining it, I will be the leader of the Decepticons...".

Then when he saw that Megatron & like 90% of the Decepticons were destroyed, he knew it was his time to act & headed for space.

That's just my thinking on what was really happening. :D 

-Quickswitch

18. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Think about this version of Megatron, just for a second... He is absolutely ruthless, and cares nothing about his minions. You think he'd give a 2nd thought to ripping out Starscream's spark if 'Screamer so much as whispered under his breath?

G1 Megs would have ordered a retreat at the first shot taken at him or one of his minions. This Megs ignored his fallen army and was consumed with greed for the allspark.

That was one of the things that always bugged me about G1... the blatant disrespect Starscream showed. Any REAL tyrant would have obliterated Starscream at the first hint of treason. I prefer Starscream plotting in the background... One thing I noticed, is that Starscream doesn't kill all of the human F-22's. He actually falls into formation with the leader, and I'm guessing (need to see it again) that he is one of the raptors firing at Megatron! He destroys all but the leader jet, and yet we see two raptors strafing Megs at the end.
    Plus we see him alone, leaving for Cybertron... co-ink-ee-dink? I think not. I think his mission was not the allspark, but to make sure Megs was dead.

19. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

Well, they had one Constructicon. Not sure if it counts him being on his own. It was Bonecrusher (making his appearance shortly before Optimus did an emergency cranialectomy).

20. _Soundwave_

_Soundwave_ I am listening

News Credits:
    yeah, well they had Devastator(Brawl) in the movie as well.