Question about Lockdown

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobots14, May 24, 2014.

1. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

You know how in the trailer when we see Lockdown walking down on the street to Optimus well, I see headlights of his alt mode on his chest does this mean that Lockdown was on Earth before he knew that Optimus was on Earth or he just found the car on the streets? I was just wondering about that.

[​IMG]

2. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how do we know for sure lockdown just arrived at earth in that sceane? he could be in the planet for a while...
    besides, we all know that there are fire trucks in space... just ask sentinel
    maybe there are also lamborguinis...

3. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well sentinel prime wasn't actually in his fire truck mode. They used the same model but before he was reawakened he didn't have the wheels or some of the other vehicle parts. They only did that so that they wouldn't have to create a completely new model for him. As for Lockdown they could be doing the same thing but in that scene we have already seen that he has the Lamborghini logo and I'm sure ILM wouldn't put it there if he hadn't scanned a vehicle already. So it's possible that Lockdown had scanned a vehicle offscreen. Although I don't think Lockdown has been on earth that long. I say this because his ship would have been detected by humans already.

4. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

I'm really not to sure about this...It seems likely that Lockdown might of been here in-between the 4 years.

5. meinefliege4711

meinefliege4711 myfly4711

News Credits:
    They could've used the golden model from the teaser, finish the cgi and repaint it! :lol 

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    He may have been on Earth scouting out stuff. A trailer showed him transforming at the KSI base and scouting around.

7. samurai drift

samurai drift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who knows

8. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a easy question to answer.

When we see Lockdown walking down the street here to fire at OP, this is a bit later in the movie and OP and lockdown have already met and Lockdown is te Lambo by this point.

Lockdown first starts chasing OP when OP is in his early rusted truck mode. We all seen the pics taken from early filming when the lambo was seen with and chasing the rusted Truck OP. So, at this point in the movie where lockdown catches up to OP and shoots him, Lockdown had been chasing OP for some time.

9. samurai drift

News Credits:
    Hopefully there a scene explaining how he got the Lamborghini

10. samurai drift

News Credits:
    Optimus must be a massive prize for lockdown, What could be soooo big that lockdown wants

11. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Optimus himself is a prize for any bounty hunter.

12. jovis

jovis Well-Known Member

I think that lockdown has been on eart, has been waiting on his army..and had to stay low key for the right moment to find optimus prime

13. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    Sentinel had no wheels on his chest before he was revived and Sentinel never transformers into his protoform mode to space travel as he had the Ark...

14. KlownyKritter

KlownyKritter Rogue Maniac

I'm wondering if bay is going to give Lockdown the morbid humor he's always had. I hope he does

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still feel that Lockdown is here for something only Optimus has... the Matrix for instance... which could explain why he's been on Earth for a longer time.

I think 'stalking' would be the better term as this appears to be their first confrontation and Optimus doesn't seem to realise that Lockdown is their until he is shot.

Essentially like a predator tracking his prey Lockdown has been following Prime's Energon trail on Earth for some time probably since Chicago (Where media showed Optimus all over the world) and has likely been following his movements for some time.

16. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

He's a hunter, right? It would make sense that he'd scout out Earth for a while and pick an alt-mode. Why it would be a goddamn Lambo, I don't know, but the point is still the same-it's camouflage. That way he doesn't have to take his gigantic fucking spaceship everywhere he goes.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Do we know that's Lockdown's first appearence on Earth?

18. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

we don't really know anything outside of a few names, people just like to pretend

19. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Optimus may not realize lockdown is there at that particular moment because OP is in the process of fighting with Galvatron and is distracted.

But OP does in fact run into lockdown before this scene. Remember the pics of the lambo and the rusted truck together on the Texas road? And the pics of the lambo chasing the rusted truck through the train yard?

20. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose that's another option - though to me the idea of him blending in with the humans chasing Optimus would make more sense in terms of the progression of the story.

The scene of Lockdown Transforming in the trailer seems to be near some sort of septic tanks in the country, so he's likely after Optimus before he appears in the scene with the spaceship. Like you said it probably occurs like this;

- Optimus is discovered at Yaeger Farm by humans
    - Optimus is chased by humans who lose track of Optimus only for Lockdown to pick-up the chase in vehicle mode
    - Optimus and the Yaeger's hide at the septic tank area (Where Lockdown is shown Transforming in the trailer)
    - Optimus and the humans manage to escape and meet with the Autobots and they explain their situation to the main cast
    - Optimus scans a new alt-mode and escapes as Galvatron attacks
    - Optimus is chased by Galvatron and ends up Transforming and battling Galvatron
    - Lockdown arrives in his spaceship and engages, capturing Optimus and Tessa