Question about KOToys.com

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Medri Fogmatio, May 27, 2011.

?

Was your Experience with KOToys Good?

1. AMAZING, I LOVE EVERYTHING I'VE BOUGHT FROM THERE!

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. AVOID THEM WITH ALL YOUR POWER, I CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW HORRIBLE THEY ARE!

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Hit and Miss for me, I had a good purchase and a bad one.

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. I have a better place to order this kind of stuff.

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

Hey,
    I know this post has existed hundreds of times before. But I need to make a decision and I am very skeptical of purchasing a figure on KOTOYS.COM.

I want to get a KO Reissue Shockwave, I don't mind if the figure isn't 100% as good as the original, but I want to know if it will show up and it will be a worthwhile purchase.

Please tell me your experiences with KO Toys and their Reissues. I'd like to know.

2. DECADER

DECADER Spicy boi

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Can't tell you about reissues, but I got the KOLD Black Konvoy from them. Turned up fast, service was good etc. Some of the joints on the thing are quite loose though and the plastic feels a bit cheaper than the official classics prime.

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I've only ordered from them once. It didn't arrive on time and it took a while to get a reply from them. But once I issued a PayPal notice they replied, were very apologetic, and had great communication. The toy arrived soon after.

I really appreciate anyone who can just admit if they had a misstep and try to please the customer. As opposed to people who try and turn it around and make it out to be your own fault...

4. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

I am very hesitant to purchase it though for the price offered. $69.99 + $13.99 shipping is well out of my price range.

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've ordered the KO Shockwave last year from KOToys.

I only had to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive.

Overall the quality of it wasn't too bad, except one of the legs were loose and the electronic sound is louder than the original.

But I have been pleased with it.

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    A month or so ago I ordered the KO Diaclone Swoop. It looks great and feels just as fragile as the original. Communication were formal and kept to a minimum. The service and replies were fast. Took the mail three weeks or less to arrive at my doorstep in Europe.

I would and will purchase there again.

iDD

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I bought the oversized legends devastator a long time ago and I am very happy.

8. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I didn't vote because I did order from them once a couple of years back with zero problems but after all the bad stuff I have read about them now, no way would I order again.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like I've wrote about in previous threads, I made an order about a month ago that went down without an issue (got a great deal too), but others have had less than favorable experiences with the site, so that's gotta count for something as well. Like, if there's something that you really want from them then go for it, but I wouldn't place a big giant order if you're on the fence, and I wouldn't send them 50 e-mails if you don't see it in a week. If anything, it's that sort of thing that gets you on their bad side, and while you really shouldn't have to do this, it can't hurt to post on their forums a little bit like you would on here before placing your order.

Also, make extra sure that your info is correct when you made the order (this should be a given, but you know), write something like "thanks in advance followed by your name" when you're given the option to write a message in their box, and remember that tracking info & whatnot will be updated through your paypal links, not the KOtoys account thing. This might not seem like anything crucial, but it can go a long way dealing with online transactions, regardless of how big or small the company is.

10. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've never had an issue.

11. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    All I can say is....I'm never bothering with them again. I'll go elsewhere and deal with someone else. In fact, I got my KOLD Blue Konvoy and Black Konvoy from a board member here. Customer service with him is so much better than KOToys ever will be.

12. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I got 10 ko seekers from them about 2 months ago and never had an issue.

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never had a problem with kotoys, but a lot of people have I guess. Some things that need to be considered are
    1) They ship from China- Some people are ridiculously impatient and expect things from ANYWHERE to show up in a few days...so finding out how long it took in some of the "bad" cases might not be a bad idea. I.E. Person X says "It took FOREVER to get my package $@%@ those guys" If it took a few weeks then the guy is an impatient ass. If it took longer than a month he has a legit bad experience.
    2) They sell knockoffs- I see people complaining about quality. THEY'RE KNOCKOFFS. They are often extremely crappy. That being said, you shouldn't have to get anything that's broken...
    The rudeness and refusal to replace broken items etc. that I've heard is baaaaad business though.