question about ko universe classic starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dinobots Rule, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i see on this website that there is a ko of universe classic starscream in package. does anyone know how to tell the difference without opening them? heres a link to the knock off

chimungmung Toy Shop

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Oh. I didn't know the Hasbro version was KOd, package and all.

I guess, have a look at the comparisons between Henkei seekers and CHMS ones?

I'm assuming this is the CHMS mold? Maybe not?

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the paint apps would be one. Official ones have paint apps tampographed on whereas the KOs usually show some kind of overspray. I can't tell from the picture so if you do order one, you'll have to take a closer look once you have it in hand.

If you do open it, look at the eyes. Those are usually painted kind of poorly whereas the legitimate ones are usually tampographed too (painted spot on). Older versions of the CHMS mold will have "CHMS" stamped on the opposite leg that has the Takara/Hasbro stamp. The newer versions don't (Ghost Skywarp and Ghost Thundercracker). That's all I know.

4. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yea im tempted to buy it just to see any differences. it would suck for someone to pay the premium on ebay just to find out it was the knock off.