Question about Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jostru, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

How is it possible that he tells Sam and the others that he changed sides and now is an Autobot, but a few minutes later when Sam mentions Optimus Prime, Jetfire acts like he doesn't know him? How can he not know the leader of the Autobots when he's one himself?!

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Seriously?

He just informally joined the Autobots five minutes ago, and you expect him to know the whole command structure?

3. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    QFT! :lol 

4. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

He might have known Optimus, but probably he didn't know he was a Prime. This is why he would be shocked.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He didn't know or care who was on the Autobot's side. He just wanted to change over because he was tired of the Decepticons' crap...

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Remember, Optimus is a great descendent Since Jetifre is so old the Autobot's leader may not have been Optimus when the war started. Come to think about it, did The Fallen start the war?

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I take it you haven't read Defiance?

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    if you guys read tales of the Fallen 3 you see that Jetfire was on Cybertron and arrived to earth BEFORE Optimus Prime Existed (is that how u spell it?), so he never knew of Optimus TILL ROTF

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This was what I was going to say. The answer you seek is in the comics.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I haven't read the comics, but from the movie I'm sure old Jetifre is way more ancient than Optimus, therefore, he may not know of him or maybe has heard of him...

11. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Yep, haven't read Defiance. I can't get to these comics unless I go into Central London.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even without the comics it's not hard to figure that Jetfire has been away from Cybertron for a very long time so chances are some other robot was the leader of the Autobots back in Jetfire's younger days.

Plus it's not like you get downloaded with the Who's Who of Autobots just because you've changed sides. Ha ha, although that might kind of funny. "Welcome to the Autobots, here's your stickers, your decoder ring, and guide book".

13. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Well, the Decepticons were formed by Megatron (after The Fallen told him to do so) and since it appears that Jetfire knows about the Decepticon and Autobot factions, I assume he went to "sleep" after they were formed and at the time the Decepticons were formed, Optimus was already leading Cybertron alongside Megatron, if I'm not mistaking. So if Jetfire knows about the Decepticons/Autobots, he must know Megatron and Optimus Prime. Not knowing them would be like a human not knowing who the king/president of his country is.

14. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

We can suspend our disbelief to believe that there are alien robots who not only come to earth, but assume the form of vehicles. However, you can't get past that little tidbit?

15. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I thought we were beyond trying to make sense of ROTF. Just fill in the holes with your imagination.

16. Khan-Gar

Khan-Gar Banned

Jetfire worked for The Fallen in ancient history, and The Fallen coaxed him over to the Decepticon's side, telling him they're working for Cybertron's benefit. When they came to Earth and discovered the humans, Jetfire protested this, but The Fallen didn't listen and planned to kill the other Primes.

The Primes arrived, and Jetfire released he was on the wrong side too late. Just as he was about to help the Primes defeat The Fallen, The Fallen warps him and the Constructicon drones away high into Earth's atmosphere. After killing the Constructicons, Jetfire decided to join the Autobots, but he crashed and went into stasis.

All in all, this all happened about 17,000 B.C., and the start of the Cybertronian Civil War was about maybe 10,000 B.C. Jetfire was asleep long before the war started.

17. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

FOOL! u cant use the comics to provide a definitive answer; the fallen used jetfire to find earth but he was banished away BEFORE the fallen was ever imprisoned.. (using the tales of the fallen continuity), and before the autobots were formed.
    From defiance, optimus prime was always the autobot leader and so jetfire SHOULD have known of him, unless of course no1 knew he was a prime.

I guess this leaves the only loose end being why optimus chose to use the name autobot for his bunch and where he got that name from. Mayb e ancient history, coz then that would probably be why jetfire mentiuoned the faction name as well. i.e the war had been goin on for a whiiiiiiiile .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.