Question about IDW Trade Paperback's

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Sideswipe1954, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, I have slowly been rebuilding my comic collection thanks to IDW's TPB releases of Classic Marvel TFs and GI Joes. And I have done pretty well catching up on the IDW universe via the board here, and the local comic shop

My question is "Will IDW/Is IDW able to or going to issue the DDP GI Joe series, and Dreamwave's TF series, or should I start trying to track down issue sets or TPBs?"

Thx

2. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know about GI Joe, but most of Dreamwave's Transformers stuff has been released by IDW in trade form (First two G1 minis, both completed War Within series separately and in an omnibus, and some of the Armada/Energon stuff).

They're not planning to finish anything Dreamwave started before, I don't know, Hell freezes over.

3. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the War Within Omnibus, but I have never seen either of the first 2 mini series collected before?

4. Groundsplitter

Groundsplitter Decepticon

IDW is just about to start releasing Devil's Due's G.I. Joe series as trade paperbacks. The first volume, "G.I. Joe: Disavowed, vol. 1", should come out now in May.

As for Dreamwave's Transformers, IDW has rereleased a number of Dreamwave's trades since acquiring the TF license. Some of them have had new printings too but it was quite a while ago and it seems unlikely that IDW sees any need to release them again. With Dreamwave's Transformers there is also the problem that a large portion of the run is still out of bounds, due to the writers/artists being owned money by the bankruptcy estate for their works.
    The Dreamwave TPBs that have been rereleased by IDW are the first two G1 mini-series, the first two War Within mini-series (also collected as an Omnibus), two volumes of TF:More Than Meets The Eye (the G1 character profile series, complete), three volumes of TF:Armada (complete), plus last year also one volume of TF:Energon.

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, IDW won't release anything from v3 (ongoing) G1 series, the last few issues of Energon or the half-completed WW series. Not sure about Micromasters or the Summer Special.