question about hts shipping

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by bouncing boy77, Jul 12, 2007.

1. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

hi guys. dont know if this is the right forum for my question. just wanna ask others here who have been long time buyers from hasbrotoyshop.com. its my first time ordering from hts.com and chose the standard (7-10 days) shipping. website and email says to me that item was shipped 6/27. havent gotten it until now. does it really take them that long to ship stuff out?

btw, my location is in idaho. thanks.

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

it took them 5 months for my nemesis prime to get her last year lol

3. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Considering the holiday and weekends. Yours arrived in 10 days.

4. bouncing boy77

whoa, thats TOO long! :lol 

5. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

buwahahaha

6. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I ordered Alt Sunstreaker last weekend and got my shipping email on Tuesday. Hopefully it'll be here early next week at the latest. That's my first purchase, though I'm contemplating getting those $10 Skids and Ricochet Alts for custom purposes.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I received my Pepsi Prime yesterday and it was ordered on the 2nd. The shipping box and the box for Prime were completely crushed.

8. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    It's hit or miss with HTS shipping. I have picked standard shipping on orders that I got in less than 5 days and other times it has taken 3 weeks. There really is no rhyme or reason to their madness

9. bouncing boy77

thanks for the reply guys. what company do they use? ups or fedex. i also read on the tf gen. discussion board that most of those who ordered pepsi prime, the box were crushed. hopefully it doesnt happen to mine. it was rollbar that i got which was supposedly shipped on 6/27, which i havent received yet. i ordered pepsi prime and alts ricochet and skids (for kitbashing) a week later, so i can only imagine how long before i get them.

10. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Regular mail. But I wouldn't put the blame on the postal service, Hasbro just sucks at packaging.

11. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    My Pepsi Pime actually arrived on Friday July 6th...which we all know I ordered on July 2nd. The giant GI Joe order I plced for my son when they all went 75% off a couple weeks ago still hasn't arrived though. HTS just isn't well organized in the shipping department. And don't be surprised if the shipping box arrives with out a scratch on it, but everything inside looks like it was sat on by an elephant. You have about a 50/50 chance of that happening. Which again is not the falt of the USPS...HTS just has a shitty shipping department.

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can see blaming HTS for poor packaging. (Though I've been lucky enough to never have any problems with them on that front.)

But it's unreasonable to blame them for USPS's transit time. For Standard Shipping, they use Parcel Post, which is generally treated as "take it if there's room on the truck after everything else" along with Media Mail, thus providing a wide variability in shipping times. Also, keep in mind that the time estimate is 7-10 business days. With July 4th thrown in there, that's possibly over two weeks.

If you want it faster, choose Priority Shipping.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  13. bouncing boy77

yeah, i guess i'll choose priority shipping the next time. thanks for the replies guys.