Question about Henkei and Classics Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wyvern, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Ok, I have a quick question to those of you who have both. Is the white on both figures the same? And was it a bright white?

I ask because I'm thinking about replacing my Classics Jetfire with the Henkie version. But if they're the same I might just hold onto my money and put it towards the iGear seekers.

And I know there's a great thread here showing the differences between all Henkei and Classics toys. It's just that pictures aren't to be trusted when it comes to white plastic.

2. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

So I have both but I could not tell with the white plastic. However here are the differences I could find there are no Autobot symbols on the wings on the Henkei version, instead it is on the chest or cock pit. The head also has blue stripe and the top part that forms the chest is blue and not black. Also there are other variations in the red paint between the versions. The cockpit window is also smaller on the Henkei version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Hope the pics Help

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd say stick with the Classics.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depending on how much Henkei Skyfire is going for nowadays, I'd pick it up. It's a minor improvement so don't go spending 100+ on it:thumb 

[​IMG]

I think the whites are a little different... I haven't seen the Classics version in person in awhile.

EDIT: You should buy Dark Skyfire too

[​IMG]

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While the decos are fairly different, I don't think there's enough reason to spend the $100 or so it'll cost. I bought a Henkei Jetfire a while ago, but since then I've come to appreciate the IDW-inspired Classics deco as much as the cartoon-inspired Henkei one. I guess what I'm trying to say is, they're both great.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is Skyfire going for $100 now? That's crazy. For $100 I'd sell mine except that the box is signed by the voice actor so I don't want to let it go. Maybe I should sell my Jetfire instead.

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yeah, Skyfire goes for about $100 now. All prices for Henkeis have shot through the roof.

I guess I'm just freaking out a bit cause my Jetfire looks a little off white. I'm not sure if I did that myself by displaying him or maybe I'm just crazy and imagining things. Lol.

And that Dark Jetfire is pretty awesome. I'm thinking about getting one since it's fairly cheap. I just wish they would have gone with the dark grey in the early pics instead of the black.

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I don't really qualify since I only have the Classics version, but if the Henkei! version is going to cost anything more than $50 it sure seems like an expensive lateral move to me. I'd put those funds towards those Seekers, or something else you don't already kind of have.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    ^^^ yeah I guess you're right. New stuff > stuff you already have. And those seekers are awesome. And there's a crap load of other 3rd party stuff I'm planning on getting.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, the gun metal grey looked better than the Black but at this point, Dark Skyfire is so cheap, you might as well pick it up:lol . Can't go wrong at 40 bucks!

EDIT: Just to throw this out there.. I sold my Classics jetfire on ebay for 40 bucks which really surprised the hell out of me last year. SO you might want to consider that too if you decided to dump your Classics version

12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have both. The whites are the same. Both have benefits over each other.

Randy

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Then I'm glad I've gotten 'em all when they were still low on pricing. (Hel*, a few of 'em that I've even gotten at clearance pricing!) :lol 

But then again, I'm still missing out on that Blue BB. I just hope he's still available at sane pricing... :redface2: 

Seen one for sale these days?

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yeah. I got a few Henkei figures on clearance. But I did skip a few also. Don't know why I skipped on Ratchet and Skyfire though lol.

And there is one blue Henkei Bumblebee on eBay and it's BIN for $550...

15. Automorpher

News Credits:
    WHAT??

PLEASE tell me you read wrongly. :eek: 

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Nope, I'm afraid not. But I can tell you that that blue Bumblebee has been there for a while. Nobody is biting... and for good reason. But I'm afraid that its still going to take a lot of money to get one of those.

How much were those selling for before??

17. Automorpher

News Credits:
    ^ I'd heard that some of the boys here got him on the cheap. Seen a couple on eBay but they were less than USD $200 then.

Reason why I didn't bite (back then) was because there were floating rumors about these being KOs. Also, I've heard other "stories" about these being "stolen" pieces or even some "store/label exclusives" & that they will get a legit release later on.

Hence, I reckoned I would wait out a while longer just to get one on card, minus the hyped out pricing since 'em being "pre-releases."

Didn't materialise... :banghead: 

18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have at least two of every released Henkei figure, I'm glad I was smart when I purchased them.

I have the blue Bumblebee and the black Convoy. I only paid $110 for my Bumblebee, but I was smart and bought him way back in July or August. :) 

Randy

19. Automorpher

News Credits:
    Somehow, you're not making me feel any better. :lol