Question about Heavylabor.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tb-1599, Jan 5, 2012.

1. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

So I just got my first Hercules figure today (happy dance) I picked up Exgraver and of course he has the crack in the boom of the bucket. I will have Heavylabor coming next week. (buying from another member here) What I wanted to know is do all the Heavylabors come with the replacement boom??

2. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Yes, Heavy Labor ships with a separate, small, white box that contains the replacement shovel arm. Just make sure you remind the person you're getting it from to include it for you.

Also, when you do get it, be sure to take a few moments to shave the ratchet teeth on the shovel arm down a little, to prevent the piece from breaking. Obviously, if it moves just fine without feeling like you're going to break it then my advice is useless. ;) 

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not necessary, as the replacement shovel has the tolerances tweaked to prevent the breakage. I don't think I've heard any complaints about the new shovel.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Here's a question about Heavylabor, will the 2nd run have the hip issue fixed or no?

5. DBarricade

My Exgraver came prepackaged with the fixed shovel, and it was tight as hell. Maybe it won't break, (and now I have a spare in case it does) but I think it's better to take a precaution and shave the teeth down a little.

Necessary? Maybe not, but still a good idea, IMO. Anyone can feel free to take my advice and toss it out like yesterday's garbage.;) 

6. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's supposed to, but may depend on where you got it. I have purchased all 4 from Robot Kingdom. I got Exgraver way back in July, but just got Heavy Labor a few weeks ago. The HL I got was apparently the second shipment. I ordered him in October when he was listed, but they must have run out. Because I got the "second run" HL, I did NOT receive the new boom. I e-mailed RK and they told me that this was because the second shipment of Exgraver had the new booms with them (apparently they assumed because I got the second shipment of HL, I also got the restock of Exgraver too).

Long story short... I didn't get a new boom, but after I e-mailed them they are sending me one at no extra cost (Props to the excellent service at RK while I'm at it).

So, since you got both recently, you may NOT receive the boom, depending on who you ordered from. However, most of the reputable dealers will send you one after the fact, especially considering you got a broken one.

Hope that helps.

7. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It does not appear so (that they are fixed). I got a second run HL and I didn't even want to move the legs forward/backward and risk it. During the transformation to waist mode it's almost impossible to avoid though. I only ratcheted the legs forward one click, and while they are by no means loose, there are both looser and the do not click like they did. I dare not move them any further until the replacement parts come out.

So my experience was no apparent fix.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ah well that's a shame, guess I'm not gonna bother then.

As for sellers replacing Exgraver's shovel, I didn't realize you needed to buy Heavylabor to get the replacement part. I'd gotten Exgraver at BBTS when he first came out but never ordered HL once I'd heard about the hip issues. Since I didn't plan on getting HL anytime soon I e-mailed them about the replacement piece but was told the only way I could get it was with HL.

So I decided not to bother, sold off my Exgraver, and decided not to buy any TFC bots until I know the QC issues are straightened out.

9. DBarricade

You could have emailed TFC Toys to get the replacement shovel at no extra cost, apparently.

As for the hips, if they had been fixed with the second run the replacement parts would probably have come with Structor or Dr. Crank, and not coming with Neckbreaker.

Which gets me wondering. Is anyone gonna open up the replacement part for Heavy Labor once they get it so we know just what it is that TFC Toys has done to supposedly solve the problem?

10. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

I actually bought from another board member I just sent a message asking.