Customs: Question about Gundam markers

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by -Barricade-, Dec 21, 2007.

1. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    Has anyone here used Gundam touch up markers, and have you ever used them on other TF's?

Oh yeah and how well do they work?

2. kobayashi maru

kobayashi maru Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've used them on Gundams, but not Transformers. Pretty handy for panel lining and minor touch-ups. My favorite part is you can use a rubber eraser to clean off excess.

Assuming Transformer plastic is similar to Gundam plastic, don't see why it wouldn't work, but I've never tried. May need to on my Nemesis Prime, so I guess thanks for bringing it up!

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I've been wondering that myself for quite a while, after consulting a few forum members, I took the dive and bought myself a few Gundam Markers.

And this is the result of my first ever attempt at a TF repaint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Touched up his face and rims using chrome silver. It's still a WIP, and I botched his face a little, but I think I did okay...

The markers adhere to TF plastic very well, though it WILL come off with substantial force. But unless you intentionally claw at your TFs with intent to destroy, I don't think it's going to be too big a problem.

Only problem I foresee is that these markers will run out of paint pretty fast... I'm heading down to the hobby store now to grab myself more of it.

EDIT Notes:
    - I think it's good idea to go through the steps in the first page of the Kitbasher's Resource thread before and after applying any paint.
    - Try painting up a broken or KO TF fig before doing it for real. I find cotton buds to be handy for correcting painting mistakes, but one needs to be quick about.

4. -Barricade-

News Credits:
    Awesome!
    Thanks I will get some after seeing that Barricade!
    The wheels look very good.

Oh did you have to use clear coat after you used them, or does it dry and stay on the model well?

5. -Barricade-

News Credits:
  6. kobayashi maru

kobayashi maru Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Short of trying a third party seller through amazon, I reccomend Gundam Store & More.

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gundammarkers2.html

You can buy singles and packs from them for cheaper and looks like they're having a sale. I ordered three markers from them, shipping was fast and cheap, so it's a good way to pick a couple of colors to experiment with.

7. -Barricade-

News Credits:
    Right on, thank you.

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    No clear coat yet, but like said, it stays on well for the most part unless you manhandle your toy.