Question about GI Joe Resolute

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Optimus17, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

I tried asking this in the Resolute topic but no one answered so I decided to just make a new topic. Does anyone know what the thing on Cartoon Network will be? Is that the whole series put together or is it just the last chapter?

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Supposedly it's the entire thing

3. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yes it will be the entire movie. All the 10 currently playing webisodes plus the 10 minute finale.

4. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

11 episodes = apprx. 60 minutes ; 1-10 each apprx. 5 min. ; 11 apprx. 10 min.

Hope Hasbro releases the whole thing on DVD in HD. If they do, I'll buy. Remember support Resolute as much as you can because if you do, then Hasbro will do the same thing for Transformers. :thumbs2: 

5. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers. Just got around to reading them. XD
    It would be awesome to get a straight-to-DVD animated Transformers movie. I hope that they will do more with GI Joe as well.

6. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Played last night on teletoon and i fell asleep :( 

7. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I'm watching it right now. It's the first time I ever heard or saw of it. The animation is beautiful (yet could still use a few more frames per second) but are all the male characters acted by the same guy? I mean they ALL sound exactly like that guy from Cowboy Bebop (or was it Trigun?) Even Cobra Commander and Duke sound the same. They all have the exact same kinda deep gravely voice. There really are too many characters that sound that way to spend time listing them all.

8. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Cobra Commander is the same guy as Starscream from the live action movie,the same way CC and Starscream were the same guy in the 80's.

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    They were limited in how many voice actors they could actually hire, because of budget. So a lot of characters may have been voiced by the same person, although I personally didn't notice anyone sounding like the other, except Duke and Flint. That is also why a lot of characters didn't have speaking parts(Rock and Roll, Airborne, Beachhead, etc.).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  10. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Thanks. That's what I was figuring. They did what they could but that really took all the GI Joe fun out of it for me because the audio just did not make it feel like GI Joe or any of the characters as who they are. They all sounded pretty much the same to me (growly voices). However, if I hit the mute button and just watched, I got a great GI Joe Real American Hero vibe from it! :D 

I hope Hasbro hires that animation studio to do more of their things. It would be my wish come true if they did that for Transformers and kept all the Animated writing/acting staff together to join with that beautiful looking animation studio. (The preference for a few more frames per second not withstanding.)

It would be great to see more of GI Joe by that animation studio but hopefully with a better and more expanded cast. Cobra Commander nor Duke, or Destro... none of them felt anything like those characters when I heard them speak. On the plus side though, I thought Scarlet and Lady J were right on the money! (Well, not so sure about that whole love affair thing though.)

As for the Starscream/Cobra Commander relation it doesn't mean squat these days if they don't do the character justice. I mean voice the character to the character, don't just give the same guy both parts just because Chris Latta did it. I think too many of the 2007 movie's TF voices sound alike anyhow. There is very little distinction with any of them. I think Optimus Prime is the only one you would be able to tell apart easily from every other TF character with the lines that were spoken in the movie... MAYBE Jazz or Ratchet, but they were both still too close to the same tones as all the other guys. Ironhide didn't sound any different from those guys OR Megatron and I don't recall Starscream talking at all in it.

I guess I'm getting off topic though.