Question about g1 reissue's

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by knight_fire, Jul 4, 2006.

1. knight_fire

knight_fire Member

Can someone please tell me what is going on with the G1 reissues.. I know that hasbro isnt doing them anymore, and that Takara merged with Tomy.. But I havent been able to find any info about the future of the Takara reissues now that they merged.. Have they ended? Was Blaster/steeljaw and Twincast the last of them? Or is TakaraTomy going to continue with them, and if so, what is the next g1 TF to be reissued and when? Thank you to anyone that can help me with this question..

2. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

Truth is, no-one knows. I hope they continue, and would like to think the lack of anything at the moment is down to the merger.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

No one knows what is going on with them. Nothing has been announced as far as the next reissue, and Takara doesn't announce that a line is finished like Hasbro does sometimes.

My gut feeling is that the bookstyle reissues are probably done, but they'll continue with periodic reissues once or twice a year, kinda like last year's Galvatron or Predaking the year before.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they crank a few more out. I love them personally, and get them all as well as the ehobby versions. It took a while after Perceptor before we heard about Blaster too, so I think it's too soon to give up.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Keep your eyes to fantofan and the News forum. If something turns up, it'll be posted there. Right now though it seems like they're in limbo. I'm guessing they'll pick up around about the movie next year, though it'll probably be Optimus and the others we already got again, maybe with a couple of new ones.

6. robertj1138

robertj1138 MiniconCommander

Don't get me wrong, I love the reissues of the original mold, but I also love the re-imagining of those same molds. I am looking forward to seeing how the new OP classic looks. Sometimes a fresh perspective can attract a whole new batch of fans. Don't shoot me, just an opinion. Though, I am a big fan of anything Die Cast. If they make the classic not Die Cast it will cheapen it a little for me.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Well, classics won't be die cast I can tell you that for sure. Die cast would be awesome, but I'd rather it be affordable. That's why I'm fine with Alternators being plastic too.

8. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

If the REGULAR reissues by TAKARA/Hasbro are done.. What bout the E hobby Reissues?.. Is e hobby ones done as well?

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since ehobby reissues are repaints of regular reissues, it's a safe bet yes. All the recents one have followed the pattern of reissue comes out, then about a month later or so the ehobby repaints comes out.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah, it's that time of the week again. :D 

When is the next 'Where's my Alternators Trailbreaker' thread????