Question about G1 Prowl accessories

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Hey whats up,
    I have recently been going through my boys and getting them those missing weapons. Just got a sweet chrome gun for Springer in the mail on friday, he's complete and metal now.
    My question is regarding my TRU Prowl reissue. For TRU Jazz a few years ago I got him the g1 missile/launcher and gun, but the gun is kinda loose in his hand,it just kinda "stays" there, but it will flop if you pick him up for example. Not a big deal for them since they are shelf dwellers, but when i want to move them around a bit, its annoying.
    Does anyone know if I buy chrome missiles for Prowl (etc) and a gun, will they fit ok?
    It is starting to really bug me when I see those black guns and missiles, that stuff needs to be chromed out!
    I'm also about to get Magnus his red missiles, he will be complete (per se, I dont care about the little fists) and I am going to break down and get my Kup his real gun. He has been using one of Skullgrins (peg) for about 20 years lol!! I think it really fits him, and it will break my heart to take it from him, but it sticks out now.
    Thanks for any help!

2. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

TRU Prowl has larger holes in his fist. I'm not to sure on the missiles, but I think the only change made was them removing the firing mechanism.

3. Tampalicious

ok thats what i was afraid of, i may just have to figure somethin else out, he's one of my favorites

Thanks!

4. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

The chrome missiles fit, they just don't fire as the trigger has been removed...

5. Tampalicious

sounds like the missiles will work for those three dudes.

i dont care if they fire or not

i would love to have real deal g1 stuff (i am 29) but i do not think i can afford 300 bucks for a sweet ass Prowl, etc.

You feel me? You are talkin to a guy who just bought Lionbot and is extremely satisfied. Chrome legs on Voltron woulda been sweeter but eh...

I think for the guns, i can stuff a lil clay in the fist......

Its worked before lol

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Someone here sent some stuff away to be chromed not long ago and the results were pretty good. Maybe that's something which might work as an alternative to buying vintage weapons and missiles, and make your gun fit better too. I have no idea who the person who got their stuff chromed was though or where it was sent. Someone else might be able to remember.

7. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Or just buy a chrome spray and do it yourself.

8. Tampalicious

really?

i've never heard of that, but I'd definitely give it a try.

Any brand name? Where do I look for that stuff? I dont want to seem like an idiot when I go to the store, lol.

Thanks for your help.

After I get a better Scourge, I may try to custom mine into Alpha Trion, so i will need pointers on paints/colors and stuff. (buit i will make a seperate thread)

I would just leave him as a "sweep" but its pretty badly yellowed, you can tell some kid probably used him in the tub.......:rolleyes2 

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

would the G1 gun fit in the hands of Universe Prowl (and to some extant Bluestreak, Mirage, and Hounds G1 weapons)

10. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Ha! Sounds like you're arming small children...

11. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Can't remember the name of the brand I used but since I live in Sweden I doubt the exact same is available in the US :) 

At least here you can get ahold of it in assorted hardware stores and chains that carries spray paints (for use on cars and such).

If you're going to try this out you should at first develope some technic, like if you spray too much the chrome can get very sagging and just ruin the thing you are working on. I sprayed a G1 Swoop where the chrome had worn completely off, and for me it turned out sweet!

12. Tampalicious

alright, thanks Jing. Going to try it out today. And yes, I realize I need to practice on something else first. Dont want to ruin the details if possible.

As the other question, the Universe Prowl, Hound, etc ---- I already tried to put G1 Hounds gun in, and it will not fit. I actually used War Within Grimlocks gun for Hound and it looks really sweet. I dont like to have them out with my G1s though, so Ironhide, Hound, Prowl, etc are just boxed.........
    Didnt feel like bringing them to work.

13. Tampalicious

Prowl, Bluestreak (silverstreak if ur mean), and Smokescreen's weapons now look super sick, for only 6.49
    Thanks alot!
    i wish there was somethin else to spray , but i think i would ruin Lionbot.

Thanks alot!!

I took pics but they dont do it justice, and i'm lazy to imageshack it