Question about G1 Prime variants...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Liege Prime, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just reading through Mark Bellomo's G1 Transformer's guide and in particular the different mold and color variations of G1 Primes accessorys. About 7 years ago, before i was really into collecting, I just decided I wanted a G1 Prime and ordered him off Ebay. He was in decent shape and included almost everything. Now, in the guide, it said there were two color variations of the missiles- grey and black. So, just out of curiousity I checked mine, and found that they were chrome painted silver, so niether what was shown in the guide. So, now I am just curious if these came from another release of him, or if they were fan painted, or if it was just a version not covered in the guide? Thanks for any responses in advance!

2. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Never heard of chrome missiles with G1 prime but man that book is one great read. I love mine.

3. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    The book is a great read! And I think I figured out the mystery- I went to take a pic of them, and actuallly made a side by side to the book, and they didn't match. I went through the book and found out they were Prowls missiles, who, incidently, has 3, and I have all three as well. Oh well- glad I figured it out, but it would have been cool to have some odd variant. It doesn't really bother me about not being Primes- they still look cool there, and back when I ordered him my main concern was getting his fists, and any other accessory was a bonus.

4. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Did the Prowl missles fit in the trailer?

5. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah- they didn't fire though, just kinda budged forward a little. I just figured that was because of its age.