Question about G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jedi prime1, Feb 11, 2007.

1. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

Not the reissue but the oringonal, Can it combine with the Godbomber? I have an Complete one and was wondering about that.

Also I was thinking If it can't combine I would sell my oringonal and buy the TRU reissue, how much would I be able to get for my loose complete? I oringonaly got it for $15 on ebay.

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe an original US PM Prime will be incompatible due to the shorter arms. Takara's Super Ginrai and Hasbro's Powermaster Prime were not exactly the same toy, Ginrai has darker grey, clear plastic cab windows instead of stickers, some die-cast and chrome parts, and longer arms in super mode (with blue fists that slide out from the wrists) that the God Ginrai mode arms snap over. I don't think those pieces will fit properly on the original Hasbro version. The U.S. reissue that came out a few years ago packaged with God Bomber/Apex Bomber was based on Takara's reissue of the original Japanese one, allowing for the two figures to combine.

A loose complete PM Prime has been known to sell for 50 bucks and more in the past, but I believe that was before the reissue. I'm sure you could sell it for more than 15 though, that is if all the stickers are there in good shape.

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Out of sheer curiosity, I just tried it using an original PM Prime with the reissue God Bomber trailer.

Yes and no. Overall, NO, but some pieces do fit.

The Godbomber chest (backback) fits nice, the wings attack to the backpack, so they fit, the armor for the arms (whose holes hold either black guns) fit but are loose and keep poping off, the chest armor is loose, and the feet extensions DO NOT stay on. You can stand him on them, bet they are not a tight fit and fall off if you pick him up.

Hope that helps.

I'd get the re-issue - it's great.