Question about G1 KO Menasor...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do all of the bootleg Menasor's have the 2 Technobot components? Why have they never fixed that stupid mistake? If they made those from previous toys, wouldn't SOMEBODY...ANYBODY.....say "hey! this isn't right?!"

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interestingly, there IS a bootleg Menasor with all the correct components. I've seen it on Yahoo Japan a couple of times and always wondered why it hasn't become more common.

It's done in exceptionally garish bright colors, but does have all the correct parts. I'm sure someone around here has a pic.

EDIT: Ah, it would appear that someone is me! Behold Super Scramble Basebot!
    http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d63618627

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

wow it's like rainbow brite... menasor!

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's a KO. The guys making them probably don't care much beyond making a quick profit at minimal cost to themselves.
    That's like asking "why do KOs have such poor quality plastic? Surely someone would have said 'hey, this is pretty bad quality stuff'"
    All it is is that these people want a quick buck rather than a proper quality product.

5. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

I thought it was funny that the KO WST Stunticons had the same 2 Technobots...

6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I expect that most of the knock-offs we've seen come from a common source. Hence the same two Technobots replacing the same two Stunticons so consistently. That Rainbow KO would, of course, be from a different source.

7. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    of course it is, the "Menatron" doesnt have more than 5 years in the market, the boxed KO however, is older than that, much much older :) 

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i thought it was that the two missing stunticons molds were missing.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, that's what this thread is about.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They should have just recolored the two Stunticon molds they had rather than using Technobots. Then again, what do you really expect from a KO? At least WST KO Superion, Devastaotr and Ruination look okay. Superion and Dev being the best.

11. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe Deadend and Wildrider were killed and two of the Technobots went hostile and decided to join the Stunticons?

12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm confused by Megatronwp38's response. (Which I interpreted as theorizing that the two replaced Stunticon KO limbs were replaced because the molds for the originals were missing, but upon re-reading, have to wonder WHAT was actually meant....) We're talking about KOs here. They don't USE the original molds! They make new molds based on the existing toys. Now, for whatever reason, the company that created the molds for the most common "Stunticon" KOs didn't bother to make molds from two of the actual Stunticons. Maybe they simply didn't have those toys handy, but had a couple of Technobots on hand. But that's still a different thing entirely.

13. TransfanTN

TransfanTN Well-Known Member

If it was Dragstrip instead of Wildrider, I would say that after those two were converted into binaltech, that the Stunticons needed to replace thier two missing members and kidnapped and reprogramed the two technobots to be the new limbs for menasor.

It would make much better sense this way. :D