Question about G1 Devastator guns

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tenebrouser, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I know there are a few people who have complete figures here. Any chance anybody can show the pictures of the small hand guns for both Scavenger and Bonecrusher? TFU.info has me a bit confused.

I just recently acquired a Devastator of my own, but I got doubles of one of the light green guns that I know isn't Long Haul's.

I always thought Scavenger's was black, but according to the card back (which I have), he appears to have a light green gun---mentioned above.

I'm just wondering if the weapons were ever changed between different releases of these figures at one time.

2. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    You can go to Transformerland.com and they have pic. galleries of all bots and what came with each one

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Bonecrusher and Long Haul both have green guns, the rest are black. Bonecrusher's is the more slender of the two with a scope on top.

5. icefox

icefox Black GFC

6. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Thanks!

7. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

9. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Thanks for posting this pic! Although I didnt ask the original question, I had a similar problem tonight. It seems that tfu.info and/or transformerland both have some mistakes in their Constructicon weapon postings. It was giving me a headache, that picture you posted made it easy to figure out!

10. rework

Well, these newer sites may be prettier and have more bells and whistles, but I guess there's a reason that after almost 10 years so many people are still using my parts guide.

http://members.cavtel.net/jrunski/rwkpia/pia.html

11. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Well it doesn't help the situation when the actual cardback shows the wrong weapon.

Just like the Monstructors, they show the wrong gun on the card, and lee's AFN combiner guide has 4/6 guns mixed up.

12. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Bookmarked! :thumb 

13. rework

IMHO, those are excuses for someone who didn't want to take the time to do it right. (And everyone know's Lee's products are all about making money, not about accuracy.) Doing the research to make sure that you have your guide correct despite all those problems is worth far more than all the parts search features, cool logos and snappy graphics. If you come up with the wrong answer nothing else matters.

A lot of time and a lot of experience went into my guide. And it was a lot harder to do that back in the 90's than it is now. It was the first guide of it's kind so there wasn't anything for me to base it off of. There wasn't Ebay selling thousands of Transformers per day. It was catalogs, cardbacks and working with the collectors' community to know where those were in error.

14. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys do a great job in helping people find small parts and stuff. I had a bowl full of accessories and it would be impossible to put them back to their respective boxes without the help.

That being said, it'd be awesome if someone make a search engine based on descriptions (color, size, quantity, etc). I know it'd be something painful to do, but it's a great idea.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I did when I got a Devastator; it was invaluable for matching the accessories with each TF.

16. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

The truly sad part is that I offered to help him do it the right way, but instead he chooses to deal with Nick Messina.