Question about FP Insecticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Lt. Faceless, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I just got all 3 today(they are very awseme)So i opened Stormbomb last and taped to the back of the inside plastic is a set of weapons from Thundershed minus the purple parts to attach them to his wrist. It shows on the paperwork he can use those weapons but he doesn't come with them and mine did. So, am i missing the purple parts or are the blades an extra bonus?

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    The extra blades were pack-in replacements due to a problem on the first release of Thundershred which caused a lot of people to break them. You aren't missing anything, the replacements were just blades.

3. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

FP included them because there were QC issues with the ones released with Thundershred. They're meant as replacement parts in case the Thundershred ones break. Whether they're actually any better I do not know as I haven't really messed around with my Insecticons yet.

[edit] Whoa, Quinjester, you beat me to it. Glad to see you here as well.

4. Lt. Faceless

Awsome,thanks guys.I haven't seen any problems yet. I just took them out and transformed them(to check for problems).Looks like Thundershed gets 2 big ass throwing stars.Thanks for the reply guys.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Are they replacement claws? It's been a while since I unboxed them. I remedied the issue of the Thundershred claws not plugging into the forearms by just shaving some of the excess plastic with a hobby knife.

....unless there was another issue that I unknowingly ignored.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nope, that was the issue, the arm parts were too tight, breaking the claws

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Yea, I just jumped into DIY mode right away when I noticed they weren't plugging in. Compared to other 3P fixes, I honestly didn't think this was a big enough issue to warrant replacement parts.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^same here, mine were fixed as soon as i opened the box

9. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't have too much of an issue with mine. That said the replacement parts fit so much nicer...and now I have extra blades to do whatever I want with.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    When I received my first figure and put the weapon together I had zero issues and no stress marks. FP heard some rumblings of a common yet not wide spead QC issue and I now have two perfect weapons for my not Shrapnal.

11. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Mine broke off right away, so I was glad the gave us the replacement ones.

12. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Not had any problems with mine, just gotta be gentle.

13. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

Me too! He looks wicked with both weapons, one in each hand. A bit intimidating! :) 

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have one set split between the gauntlets and pinwheel on the back to give him the shoulder weapons, and the other one in the shuriken in hand, he just looks brutal with all the blades

15. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

That's a great idea. Best of both world...G1 and FP Ninja style.

16. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hey everyone sorry I'm late to this game but I am very interested in purchasing this set of 3 bots but wanted to know if there are some issues that I need to know about ie loose parts, anything breaking? I know I read through here a little and saw that one of the sets includes a replacement weapon set, but I need to know from anyone who actually owns these to tell me if they are worth the purchase or not?

17. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

I think they're worth it. I haven't had any breakage on mine (though I see why Thundershred needed replacement blades, you need a bit of force and the tabs are small so I can see how they could break). My biggest complaint would be Stormbomb's insect legs, which could use a little more articulation for the rear 4, and the front pair (his scythe weapons) cannot hold any amount of weight without either losing their pose or popping out of the loose sockets. They wind up looking more like wicked blades on front legs that are used for attacking instead of walking (think praying mantis), which still works for me.

Backfiery is just amazing, end of story, buy it now even if you don't want the other two. That's what I did...and then having the one made me want the rest of the set, and I haven't regretted it.

The robot mode and transformation joints are nice and tight, almost too tight, so they can hold poses very well, and the articulation is superb. I'd buy them again.

18. Lt. Faceless

Thats what i did too.No point in having blades laying around.Then when you put all 3 side by side...awsomesause.I no longer see them as G1 insects,but lethal badasses now.

I wasn't sure either and just said to hell with it.I haven't looked back since.Just watch out for Kickback(i don't remember the Not- names),his daggers are very pointy....draw blood pointy.I found out the hard way.When it comes to 3rd party,FP is the king of the hill for me.Price/style/everything.

19. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Same for me. Much appreciated that they went the extra mile on this.

20. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I'm like everyone else, I just added all the lethal blades to him (Thundershred)! :D 

[​IMG]