Question about FoC Bruticus.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwinder, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Sorry if it's already been covered, but it's tough to find any actual information within the threads about Bruticus, just whining.

We know that there will be an SDCC exclusive Bruticus in game-accurate colors. Do we know that means that the Energon version is going to be the mass-release, or are people just assuming?

I ask because last SDCC gave us Ultimate Optimus Prime which was exactly identical to the mass-release version, just released sooner and in new packaging.

I'm trying to avoid a kneejerk reaction... it just doesn't make sense to me for Hasbro to make the Energon version the sole mass release. They're investing a full wave on this set, making it the obviously less appealing version is just wildly counter-intuitive. But anyway, I'm not trying to make a thread about why I think it's silly, I just want an answer to the question.

So, yeah. Is there an actual statement from Hasbro that the Energon color scheme will be the only mass-release?

2. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    From what I've gathered, the one with the correct colors is going to be the SDCC exclusive only, and the one with the awful colors is going to be the mass release.

Yeah, it seems counter-intuitive, but then again, what has Hasbro done recently that hasn't been counter-intuitive?

3. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Are SDCC exclusives that hard to get? Because they usually hit retail in Asia and shelfwarm... except last year.

4. Soundwinder

Is there any basis for this, though? I mean, we know that the game accurate version will be released at SDCC. But do we know that the Energon version will be the only mass-retail version? Or is that just an assumption?

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but I'm just trying to figure out what's been stated and what's been assumed. As you indicated, trying to predict Hasbro's actions of late has been... complicated.

5. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Yeah, the ones that end up online and such are usually bought in bulk at the con or right off Hasbro's site. There is a limit to the number you can buy though. Another possibility is the factory where they are made, may also make a few extra batches that are never recorded and then sold on the side... especially if the factories are in Asia.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm extremely confidant that it was announced that the g2 colors are the retail release.

Also the sdcc Optimus that was released last year was not the same as the retail release. It had a subtly different paint job.

7. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Actually they are officially distributed by Hasbro to stores like Toys "R" Us and the likes. We get store exclusives at regular retail too like Piranacon.

8. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Depends though, as not all Con exclusives have made it out to a chain store, unless some deal was cut before-hand.

9. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

....nope....you've got me.

10. Soundwinder

Pretty sure it was identical, just with new packaging.

Unless you mean Prime Deluxe Prime, which was barely different. But that's beside the point.

... and blahblahblah not G2 blahblah etc.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everything about the mass release is an assumption. But a pretty reasonable one.

12. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    The only basis I've seen has been pretty rumor-laden, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this is the road Hasbro takes.

13. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm not really bothered by either color sheme, For generations I think the brighter scheme will draw interest from average consumers to try out the product

I prefer the brighter color scheme anyway. Since war for cybertron had a lot of that laser Armor paneling that inspired a slightly edgy and different take on G1 themes. Its less accurate to fall of cybertron sure. But Its more of an action packed concept theme that works for me.

Also here is the basis for the SDCC colorscheme rumor:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seems conclusive to me. Since they put that one in the case with the SDCC box.
    Makes sense that the fan convention would get the deco that appeals to us the most. To justify the extra cost and for many. Waiting in a really long line.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ugly one is deemed as "Fruiticus".

Maybe the accurate one will be released at retail but who knows....

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm just wondering if theres some way to fold up the Blast Off arm so that it's the same length as the Vortex arm. All the pictures so far show him with one unusually long arm.

16. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Um, it's not a rumor that the good version is a sdcc exclusive.
    Transformers SDCC 2012 Bruticus Gift Set Fall of Cybertron - Transformers News - TFW2005

17. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's mainly the arms that do this combiner in...

But then they still may not be transformed correctly.

18. Soundwinder

You misunderstand. No one is doubting what the SDCC one is, what I'm asking is if that necessarily precludes the accurate color scheme coming out at mass-retail. Sounds like it's not necessarily the case and Hasbro hasn't said anything one way or the other.

19. Rexidus

News Credits:
  20. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe they have something up there sleves for a limited edition FOC game toy package.
    My nephew who works at game stop said he's been told more than likely gonna happen with some sort of package but thats hear say so who knows If or what it would include.