Question about First Edition TF's Prime figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Black Convoy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Hello guys, I have been busy these months and I am confused about something.

Are the first edition TF's Prime figures available in USA (or the rest of the world)? I think if I remember correctly they were not going to be released in USA, but a friend of mine got this yesterday here in Peru:

Facebook

And he says he saw a box which looks exactly like first edition Optimus Prime, but with no Japanese letters.

Hope you can help me.

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

No Voyagers in USA. We got the 1st wave of deludes on a limited basis. Canada Got it all. So, he may have gotten a Canadian version.

3. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The US only saw First Edition Bumblebee, Arcee, and Starscream. Canada and Asia got those plus First Edition Optimus Prime, Cliffjumper, Bulkhead, and the Entertainment Pack. Japan got all of those (minus maybe the Entertainment Pack) in shinier paint jobs not unlike their United line PLUS First Edition Vehicon. But they were all a very limited release.

4. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Sweet Sweet Takara Bulkhead. how I love thee.

5. Black Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the info so for what I have read, it would be wise to buy the FE Optimus right? It seems to be only $35 here which is cheap for a voyager in our local market.

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    If you can get the FE Optimus Prime for $35, that's a good price in any market.

7. Black Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the help, I got it for $28 in the end! We ahve got all FE line here in Peru! My next buy will be blukhead and Arcee!

8. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Great deal! And yes, jump on First Edition Bulkhead without looking back if you can get him for that same price as you paid for Optimus.

9. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's a shame that everyone else in the world will get to experience the epicness of these figures.

I appreciate what Hasbro is trying to do...by dumbing down the figures for the future generation of fans...which will hopefully lead to more complexity as this particular group gets older...but damn...it sucks to have to go through this all over again.

The last generation cycle we had was Armada (simple), Energon (standard), and Cybertron (Advanced, maybe?)...which lead those children right into the Transformers movie. Then we had Transformers Animated and another Transformers movie.

If Prime truly is the future of the Transformers franchise, it seems they are trying this again.