Question about final fantasy reverant wings...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Edge, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

So I got tactics 2 the other week and very much enjoying the game, however I read that there is an RTS like game called reverent wings. While I enjoy Tactics I always prefered RTS to turn based, so is this game worth picking up? The reviews have been pretty good but I just wanna know if it can hold the interest of someone who has spent hours on games like dawn of war and starcraft

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I have it, and I find it very awkward to control, and unit management isn't very precise. You have to use the touch screen which is forced and needed AND it makes it hard to select some unit. I dropped it pretty quickly after picking it up.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the opposite side of that opinion. I am loving that game, (picked it up recently). I stopped playing FFIV for it. Troop management is kinda confusing at first, but they give you options for troop selection so that you don't always have to find them in the mess of bad guys. Furthermore, you can hold the stylis over the screen until the icon you need pops up, so you don't have to be randomly clicking.

I also like that the game isn't just battle after battle. You can walk around in town, take random pirate missions, and explore a bit. You can also revisit battles just to raise your troops, which I love. I hate when RTS or Turnbased Strat games force you story missions without letting you beef up your team again.

With the Judges still present and the more-kiddy story of Tactics Advance still present, I skipped out on that one. But this one, I'm enjoying the hell outta.