question about exclusives for those at Botcon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by KidDynamite, Jul 1, 2007.

1. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Does anyone know if Alpha Trion/Weirdwolf, Huffer/Springer, Vector Sigma, and the Classics poster sold out? 1400 of each is a lot compared to previous years, almost triple last year's production run, and ebay prices are surprisingly soft so far. Even with the OMG first day available factor, I've seen all of them go for less than double their original prices, which is pretty damn reasonable considering last year the 2006 toys were going for triple or quadruple price consistently.

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The bagged sets are sold out for sure, and I think that the VS set may have come close. Though there were a ton of lithos. They were using it as a "buy something, get this for cheep"

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I really don't get the appeal of the Vector Sigma set, what with it being just a big hollow yellow ball on a stick, and the fact that Alpha Trion's minicon companion is supposed to be a sentient form of VS that travels with A3.

That litho, though, it may not cost much, but MAN is it nice to look at. :) 

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The word I have been hearing going around is they "accidentally" left a pallet of Alpha Trion/Weirdwolf, Huffer/Springer, (and maybe Vector Sigma) back in Texas. So keep an eye out the club store might end up selling them.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    According to the people working the TFCC booth, they left a pallet of the Alpha Trion/Weirdwolf two packs in Texas, as buzzbeak said. They still apparently had plenty of the Huffer/Springer two packs as of Saturday afternoon, when I picked up two additional sets.

Also when I ordered two additional sets of the AT/WW 2-packs, Angie said that they would be shipping them out after the convention at their cost.

6. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can confirm that, as I got the same story from them.

7. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    I was told they sold out of Huffer and Springer sets at the show on Sunday. I doubt they will put the Alpha Trion/Weirdwolf on their club site. They had Ratchet/Flareup sets left in 2005 and offered them to Primus Package holders, then Iacon holders. I was Iacon and got to buy a set for the convention price, but it was all through email.