Question about Energon Prime (Mouthplate or none)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, Dec 12, 2007.

1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Yeah, so I was considering purchasing the Energon Prime toy. I am also aware that there are two versions from Hasbro, one with lips and one with the series-accurate mouthplate. Hasbro launched the "lipped" versions first before the accurate version, but the first version looks abseloutely ugly with the mouth. If I am going to purchase him, how would I know which version will have the battlemask/mouthplate and NOT the mouth?

I also realized there are two versions of the Energon boxing, one in black/grey shades, and the other in bright red. Is this another indication?

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not sure if he ever came in the red box. If I recall correctly, the closed mouth version had a different assortment number. The running change was done shortly after the first shipments, so the open mouth is harder to find.

3. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Cool, what's the number them? I honestly don't want to spend more money for the Grand Convoy figure... eh, although the color apps are much prettier.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

There is a red-box version of Energon Prime out there - that would virtually guarantee having the faceplate version. Not sure on the number either, but it's an indentation on the box, not printed like the UPC code or anything.

Even if you bought a randomly boxed one from eBay, you'd probably end up with the faceplate version. And if it's loose... just ask the seller, of course.

5. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Aha! I knew the red boxy would be the definate possbility! Thanks!