Customs: Question about Dying DX9 Gabriel's Visor?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by GAUGE, May 23, 2018.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Meh.

News Credits:
    So... I'm honestly super new to customizing in anyway shape or form. Though I did once upon a time attempt to Paint animated Arcee to look much more show accurate and it was generally a success even gave her some guns. (sadly I didn't know anything about how to thin my paints so she didn't turn out that great but decent enough for a first attempt. lol)

Anyway, I have a sincere question in regards to dying translucent clear plastic.

I do NOT have the cash to waste on another DX9 Gabriel, so I cannot afford to mess up at all.

How do I go about dying the visor so it's a nice translucent orange?

What do I use? what the best to use? and I need a step by step guide basically. Who here has the proper experience Dying clear plastic on Transformers?

Please help.

I tried using youtube tutorials but those vids are for dying huge pieces of plastic for Cosplay purposes. No way I'm doing all that for a visor that's only about an inch and a half big. There has to be a better cheaper and more effective way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Meh.

News Credits:
    is it possible to mix food coloring with Pledge future floor polish? or would that not actually work? would it be possible to heat up the future floor polish or would it explode? idk If I'm even making sense. :( 

3. kneero

kneero Well-Known Member

Testor's has clear paint that could be used for this app. I'm sure the other brands do as well, but this is what I have used. Thin it with pledge and it should go on nice and smooth. since the pledge is self leveling it should help negate brush strokes. test it out on a cd case or other clear plastic you have on hand.

4. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Meh.

News Credits:
    would it be possible to post images of the paint so I know exactly what to look for?

Also, where can said paint be found?

Also, thanks for the reply.

5. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Yep, what Thinktank said minus the the Future (why do that?) and heres a tutorial:

7. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

The Future works as a clear "primer" to help the clear color mount without the solvent
    in the spray possibly fogging the base clear plastic.