Question about DVD shaking...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Predakwon, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a rather weird question, I recently got the Vehicle Voltron 3 DVD set. Disc 2 works fine, but Discs 1 and 3 shake and make a loud humming noise in my player. But what's even stranger is that it's only at the start up boot, start menu and certain episodes. I tried it on my laptop, too, and it still makes the loud humming noise.

Does anyone know what causes this a how to fix it?

It's not scratched.

Thx

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Were they preowned? Sometimes the stickers that video stores put on DVDs can mess up the balance and cause this. If not then I have no idea.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I actually had this happen with my gundam wing DVDs. I just bought them, brand new. Never opened, and they made that same rumble noise, in multiple players. And on at least 3 or 4 of the 5 disks in the package. I think it has something to do with the label/stuff the info is writen on. I took a look at the thin side, and it looks like it is actually wavy in there. Leading me to believe it could be causing it. The disk itself doesn't play funny or skip...but it still rumbles. Even on a brand new player.

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, do you think it's worth returning the discs? I'm worried about it damaging the DVD player....

5. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

I'd say try returning them. Issues like that often hit waves at a time, but you might get lucky and find a good set if you return them.

6. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    one way to tell if it is the disc is to put it on a flat surface like a formica countertop in the kitchen. when you do this you should be able to see if it is warped or not (sounds to me like that is what is wrong)