Question About Diaclone Battle Convoy/Other Takara Releases?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Mar 2, 2009.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I just noticed something about Diaclone Battle Convoy. If it was an early release of Optimus Prime before he was Optimus Prime, and it was released in Japan-only, why were the words "Diaclone" and "Battle Convoy" written on his trailer in English and not Japanese?

I'm sure this was possible on other early Japanese releases as well. Is there anyone who knows enough about this that can enlighten me? THANKS!!

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's not any particular reason for it. Soundwave's predecessor, IIRC< says "Cassette Man" and had English markings for the battery lights, etc. as well. English on Japanese products isn't unheard of by any means.

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Japanese think english looks cool here and there, same way us westerners think chinese and japanese characters are cool.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's just the way it is sometimes. I guess it's because Foreign = cool, just like how there's the occasional Japanese on TFs or how a lot of amateur RPG games I've seen run with Japanese names.