Question about Detective comics and Batman comic series.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Megatron666, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Megatron666

Megatron666 Well-Known Member

I was wandering are these two series in continuity with each other, or are they both like there own seperate thing?

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both. They usually have their own separate story lines going, but what happens in one often affects the other. Sometimes it can be as small as a reference to what's happening in the other comic, like back when Batman R.I.P. was happening in Batman, a reference was made to the Black Glove causing problems in a Detective comics story. Sometimes they crossover and one story will continue in the other title, like during Knightfall, or more recently the Resurrection of Ras Ah Gul, but that's usually not the norm.

3. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

To answer the question, yes they are the same continuity (the DC mainstream universe) but they usually tell separate stories.

4. Megatron666

Oh ok, thanks for the help guys. Oh one more question, how do I find out what else is part of the mainstream universe.

Cause I want to get into buying some of the DC series.

5. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I just started myself, you want books involving NEW EARTH. Just look up anything you have questions about here: DC Comics Database or I can help ;]

Oh, and there is 2 Batman(s) now so that may prove to be another problem LOL!

6. Megatron666

Well thats the fun of starting to read a new universe, finding out what stories your supposed to be reading.

Tanks for the link.

7. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    Yeah I know, I had brought a list to the comic shop for the past 3 months till I got caught up as much as I could. Now that I'm up to date it's just waiting for the new stuff funs over :[