Question about Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by aman345, Jul 4, 2011.

1. aman345

aman345 Well-Known Member

Im still trying to figure this out, maybe its been answered already. But what was going to happen to Cybertron. Was it going to be right next to the earth, similar to the moon. Or was it going to merge with the earth. I'm still lost on this.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think they were going to replace Earth's place on the solar system with Cybertron.

3. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Sentinel said once we have the resources they needed they would leave. I would imagine Cybertron would be transported back to where it came from.

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Maybe next to Earth. Bots and Cons working united to take all Earth's resources to rebuild Cybertron and slave mankind. XD

5. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

Cybertron was so big compared to Earth how much resources can our tiny planet provide?!

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :lol :lolol :lol ​

SO TRUE!!!! THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!!

7. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

The resource they needed was the humans themselves, as workers or some shit. Dempsey says this to Carly. I guess that would be cheaper than hiring a bunch of mini-cons to do it.

Also: Wouldnt that have affected our atmosphere and tidal waves and stuff, as shown on the cartoon version when Cybertron is transported? Just wondering. I know theres a scene of Carlys hair blowing in the monitor but that was about it.

Also, In the first movie, when they show Megatron on cybertron with the bodies hanging from the ceiling, the background seems less metallic but more like mountains and stuff. Were they like robot plants or does cybertron have a crust and lava and stuff? It would make sense if you think about Primus entereing a rock to form Cybertron

8. Overlord Balder

^All scientific problems can be explined by one thing: Space Bridge technology.

Even Sentinel Prime said "Your laws of gravity and space cannot explain the logic of a Space Bridge."

9. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Ah, I like that!

10. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

In other words: a wizard did it. :) 

Realistically, you could never bring a decent sized planet in that close to another one. It would do waaay more than disrupt tides..there's no way that two bodies that big could be close without gravity causing both of them to crash into each other or rip each other apart (even binary stars that orbit each other are actually millions of miles apart). But we can cheat by using the old "magic is just sufficiently advanced technology" and pretend that the space bridge could compensate and make it all work somehow.

I did really enjoy the scene where Dylan looks up and the ENTIRE SKY is filled with the Cybertron honeycomb-surface. Creepy and cool!

11. Overlord Balder

Realistically, giant robots that turns into cars cannot exist.

So we're done here.

12. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

Since the space bridge is just another word for worm hole, there really isn't any problem with gravity at play. A wormhole is created (in theory) through a disruption of gravity. So, the fact that a wormhole was created in this movie means that it is safe to assume that the cybertronians had tech capable of altering gravitational forces. The amount of gravity necessary to hold a worm hole open would be so great that any gravity caused by cybertron's presence would be consumed by the worm hole itself meaning earth would not feel cybertrons gravity at all.

13. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

But still think about it...humans only cover about 20% or less of Earth. Cybertron looked like Neptune or Saturn, there is no way humans could physically restore something of that size. Maybe if Sentinel was thinking of harvesting humans like in the Matrix then thats something else.

14. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Good point! Having tech that can control gravity would solve a lot of issues with playing around in outer space.

True, but that could depend on the timeframe involved...TFs live for eons, so Sentinel could have realized that the plan to salvage Cybertron could take centuries or more. Humans could be bred as slaves in huge numbers (probably in test tubes) for as long as they were needed. It would be like human scientists growing bacteria in a petri dish, where hundreds of generations live and die in what to us is a small amount of time.

Of course, there are other issues to consider, like whether or not Cybertron has an atmosphere with breathable air and human-friendly temperatures, or the fact that they would have to use part of the slave labor to grow food on Earth to feed the masses on Cybertron, etc. I wonder how far Sentinel thought that plan through, especially considering that he didn't know a lot about humans.

Not true. The RL military has simple prototype transforming robots that exist right now. The possibility of aliens who have been around for millions of years longer than us perfecting that kind of technology isn't a stretch at all.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  15. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Yes but remember it defines our laws of physics. Those were Sentinel's words. It's convenient,but it's sci-fi so it can work.