Question about Cybertron Primus w/ Unicron head...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leonhart621, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Leonhart621

Leonhart621 Need more money

Is it worth enough to look for this? Most stores that I've been has only Cybertron Primus w/o the Unicron head. Just wondering before I spend gas just to look for this kind.

2. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just ordered him from HTS. What I payed for shipping is what I would have payed for tax and gas money. Shipping for him only came to about $7, which was suprising with the big box. My only complaint is waiting for him to arrive, which he still hasnt.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would say yes. The sculpt job on the exposed details is very well done.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i say no, it's just a little trinket. Adds nothing to the primus figure itself. You will more then likely leave it or put it back in the box, or it will sit and gather dust. Personally, I also do not think it looks all that great. It's just "OK" to me.

5. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you really want one go to k-mart. i have gone to 4 of them and all have primus with head.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    TRU's have the one with the head as well. I love the lil thing.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target's starting to get some head too.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not that worthwhile, but it's still kind of neat to have. If you're having trouble finding one wait for about week and then hit your local Targets. They resetting next weekend or so and will have their Primuses on the shelves.

9. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol 

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Another vote for its a "nice but not necessary". I saw this in person the other day and wile the Unicron head is cool I dont think its worth trying to move heaven and earth to get one. I would be inclined to maybe wait a wile longer and see if he pops up. If not I cant imagine regular Primus selling out any time soon at that price point. But ya I would say wait for now see if he shows, if not just go for the regular.

11. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I'm neither here nor there on the Unicron head. It just doesn't really serve much of a purpose. Primus is the toy I'm really interested in.

12. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was really happy to get a little extra head...uhm...with Primus. Not a necessary accessory, but an appreciated one!

13. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Mine will arrive tomorrow I cant wait to stand him next to my GF Primus in Planet mode and gf Primus holding Unicrons head up looking at it.

14. Leonhart621

Well I have 2 Targets and 1 Kmart to go today. Yesterday I went to 2 Walmarts, 2 TRU, and 1 Target and only one TRU got Primus w/o Unicron head. I want to avoid KMart since they are overpriced (I got only enough money to get Primus and 2.5 "Sigma 6 Firebat)

15. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    true, my primus at k-mart was 54.99 but i really wanted the head for a junker unicron i have.

16. Leonhart621

Well got back an hour ago. The Kmart doesn't have anything and out of the 2 Targets I went today, only one Target has Primus w/o head though I finally found the minicon pack Sureshock & Backblast that I need.

Went to the TRU near my house that I went to yesterday. Yesterday I found 2 Primus w/o Unicron head. I hid one of them behind some Megaman boxes, hoping that they'll restock some Primus w/ head . When I went today, I only saw Starscream and no Primus. Thankfully the one I hid is still there, which I bought.

Gonna try to control myself not to open it. Gonna go back there on Friday to see if they put out Primus and hopefull having the Unicron head with it.

17. TSFC

TSFC Banned

The head is really just for absolute completists who totally have to have a G1 movie/universe tie. (And in some ways, they deserve it, we've waited forever for this figure and it's well earned.)

I do agree though, it's just a dust collector. It does absolutely nothing, and unless you're really hard up for some G1 nostalgia, you're missing out on Primus joy now while you wait for something "better".

18. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Well I went grocery shoping and when I return there he was Primus with Uni Head. Will take pics later this week.

19. Leonhart621

Well it's Friday. Went back at TRU. They only have Starscream so decided to open him up. I'm really impressed.
    [​IMG]

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm still searching for one with the head. My local TRU has had Primus twice now, and all of them have been without the head. I think the head looks cool and it's a nice nod to the original G1 movie