Question about Cybertron in Earth's atmosphere.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LUGNUT1995, Nov 21, 2011.

1. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

I was thinking, if the Decepticon's succeeded in there plan to bring Cybertron to Earth, of course the usual effects would take place, but Wouldn't the Moon crash into it that night? It depends if it was that close, but that would pretty much destroy Cybertron, and probably earth to.

2. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Are you saying that because of the moon's revolution around Earth, it would have crashed into Cybertron? If yes, then you're correct. But as you already said, it would depend on how close Cybertron was to Earth.

3. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

It's a little tough to tell from this picture, but it looks like Cybertron might be within the 251,968 mile distance between the Earth and the moon. It's very possible that, had Cybertron fully materialized and remained in Earth's orbit for some amount of time, the moon would no doubt crash into it.

If it had, then it most likely would've taken a (relatively) small chunk out of the planet, before being destroyed itself. Of course that would have it's own serious consequences, given that the moon is built up like the Earth. At the very least, it would be hailing moon chunks on Earth and Cybertron for several weeks or even months.

4. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    what he said

5. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Hasbro has repeatedly made the statement that Cybertron is about the size of Saturn. If thats true, then what we see in the film is like 1/5 of the planet beginning to materialize. I'd say if the size were correct, then yes, the moon would either slam into Cybertron, unless Sentinel had that covered as well...

6. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    in the end... it just was not thought out well in the writing proses and or they really didnt care if anyone questioned it because after all this is a movie with big ass talking living robots that can transform so why would anyone care about anything else in the movie. Sorry guys for the sarcasm... I like Bay as a director and I respect him for his many great works but as this first series went on, the whole realistic side of what Bay said he wanted in these movie kind of fell off.

7. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I felt they made minimal effort to show that bringing Cybertron close to Earth was messing things up. Just watch some of those last scenes, and you see an awful lot of debris and paper flying around. I think that was supposed to be the filmmakers' subtle way of saying that stuff was happening, but not making it too extreme like in the cartoon.

Plus, they were spending alot to decimate Chicago. Imagine if massive Earthquake started to shake and break apart the city. Would be cool, but would have been too much on the budget and time.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The TF would've destroyed the Moon and made Earth into Cybertron's Moon. Earth would've orbited Cybertron. At least that's how I would've made things happen if Cybertron had been allowed to fully establish in our solar system. It would've just been a cool idea.
    Any real world science of detrimental effects due to Earth becoming Cybertron's new Moon would've been ignored because - well - Michael Bay.

9. rook

rook Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the sudden presence of a rather large body of mass, much larger than Earth, kinda fudge with the rest of the Solar System as well?

10. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I think that's covered in the whole "It's not a whole planet yet, and therefore has no gravitational field at the moment". But, were it to fully materialize, I imagine a few orbits around the sun might get a bit messed up.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If you ask me, Earth would have fitted nicely inside of the massive Cybertron. Maybe like how a fly looks on a watermelon.