Question about BW Optimus Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hippie Trooper, May 24, 2010.

1. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    Hello all, I need help from the BW toy experts here.

Since I missed out the first time around, I'm looking to purchase a BW Optimus Primal, preferrably the TRU 10th Anv one. I've been looking around online and have a few options on where to buy, but today I came across one on BBTS labeled "Beast Convoy" in a Robot Masters package for about half of everything I've seen previously.

So my question to you all is; Is this the same mold as an original release or the TRU 10thAnv toy or is it a different, maybe smaller toy? BW is something I'm just recently getting into and I'm not very familiar with the toys. Judging by the pics he looks right but something I cant put my finger on still bugs me along with the fact that he's going for about half of everything else I've seen.

Thanks all in advance for your guidance.
    Later

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Edit: Robot Masters Beast Convoy is a simplified smaller version of the character. The TRU one is a remold of the Ultra toy.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The Robot Masters one is slightly smaller than a deluxe, and while more accurate in sculpt, the colouration is that of the original toy.

The one you want was only sold in both US and Japan with Megatron. There is a DX version, under the Telemocha label, which is the same toy you want with an even more accurate deco but uses the original toy's heads unlike the TRU one. (I.e., no mouth, grimmacing gorilla face, less-accurate chest piece)

4. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    I see, I was afraid that he might be smaller or something like that. The one that I'm almost convinced to purchase comes from Hong Kong and is shown with these pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm almost positive this is the one I've been looking for. What do you guys think?
    Thank you all so much for your help!!!
    Later

5. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

^ That's not the Ultra class one. That's the Telemocha one (same mold as Robot Masters, but with more accurate colors), it's basically deluxe class. Personally that's the one I like the most.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Agreed, he may be small, but his deco and features are great.

7. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    He looks great in all the pics, but he's smaller then huh? Does that mean that he may not come with all the weapons the Ultra did or may be missing features like the moving arms? Is he worth $30- $35 or should I keep looking for the TRU one?
    Later

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and for future reference, check out the Beast Wars appreciate thread. We tackle questions like this every day pretty much. here is a photo of my Primal

[​IMG]

I think the decision lies on the size of your BW Megatron. As you can tell from my photo, they are about the same size

[​IMG]

and RM Primal is just a little tiny

9. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    Thanks chrisr291, I dont have a BW Megatron either LOL! But thanks for that pic, that is a BIG size difference! I think I'll continue looking for an original or preferably, the TRU re-release for now.
    Thanks again everyone!
    Later

10. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

He doesn't have the mace, but he does have the swords, shoulder cannons, and the forearm cannons. He doesn't really have any gimmick besides his weapons. I personally really like the Telemocha one. I think he's worth the money. He's smaller, but still fits really nicely with my Beast Wars collection. If the size is important to you, or the gimmicks, then you should base your choice on that. If you want the bigger one, look for the TRU one. If that doesn't matter too much, I highly recommend the Telemocha one.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He also has actual Prime Jets, as well as two arm cannons like the show.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and just for future reference, the Megatron your going to want is TM DX SP BW Megatron lol. I tried to fight it for as long as I could but Split lip convinced me, it really is the best version of BW Megatron

yeah, I'd probably prefer the Telemocha version to be honest with you but it needs to be bigger:banghead: 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I do know my BW Megatrons.

And yeah, if it was a mega, it'd be perfect. But honestly, I like smaller figures. It makes the big figures a lot... bigger. :) 

14. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I now need Telemocha Primal. Thanks guys :mad .

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You're welcome!

Internet salesman, AWAY! *grapplesoutofsight*

16. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Well-Known Member

Disagreed.

You're gonna want to get the Beast Wars Reborn 2-pack Megatron. Which is handy, because you also want the reborn Primal from that same pack.

I do prefer the Telemocha/Robot Heroes Primal for scale though. He's much more in line with his fellow Maximals.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If by that you mean DX Megatron, which is an infinately more superior deco and headsculpt, then you'd be correct.

18. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Well-Known Member

No, I mean the Beast Wars Reborn Megatron whose head sculpt actually has personality, doesn't look constipated, and has a beast mode without a poorly applied wash that makes it look like it enjoys rolling around in shit.

And also comes conveniently in a two-pack with the Reborn Primal he wants.

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    ^ this

20. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    OK, let me see if I can get this.... TM= Transmetals, DX= deluxe and BW of course is Beast Wars but I'm gonna need a cheat on SP :eek:  Sorry guys, I was around for G1 but when BW came along I was in the ARMY and of the "that's not really Transformers" attitude. Just last year I finally sat down to watch BW and learned the error of my ways LOL!
    Later