Question about Build King/Target Exclusive Universe Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rookbartley, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I busted out my Universe Devastator today from Target (the one that came out in two separate pieces three years ago). I tried to build the robot differently from when I put together build king and the problem I'm having is taking Bonecrusher (the chest) and placing him in the rest of the body. This is the configuration where Hightower and Longhaul are the legs. There are two posts to connect Bonecrusher with the back, which is Scavenger. The top post fits fine...the bottom, which is kind of shaped like a triangle, doesn't, as the openings don't match up. Legs are on the right side, just need to see if I can actually get that botton in a little better. Hope I explained that well enough. Thanks!

2. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    This incarnation of the mold never really locked together all that well no matter how you assemble it.

I can't tell exactly what the issue you're having is, but the tolerances of the peg and slots for the combined mode were askew in pretty much every one that I heard about.

Even when i get the pegs inserted for the combined mode, they tend to pop out over time.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    You need to insert the bottom post first (the triangle shaped one)...make sure the slots line up, then rotate Bonecrusher up so you can peg in the top post. The slots on the bottom post won't line up with the tabs on the peg so it locks in a little better. It's still not super sturdy, but it holds up a lot better. Hope this helps! I wish I had pics to show what I mean but I'm at work.

4. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem was the pegs didn't line up on the bottom post. I was able to get the top post in no problem and it's holding pretty decent and looks good from the front. Obviously I want it to look good from the side as well. Did I do something wrong to cause the triangle pegs to not line up on the bottom?

5. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    It's a piece of shit mold...melt it down and end your fustration..

I got pissed off at mine...and sold both of them, freaking POS toys...

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Build King has been assembled and held together extremely well.
    it isn't assembled right, however.
    in fact the chest isn't completely attached.
    it is attached well enough that it works.

iirc, that odd little slot at the crotch, the middle hole, the peg goes in sideways, and then it turns.

i hate assembling it. really.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah, it's pretty good. You were just owning it wrong.