Question about Beast Wars UK VHS Realeases

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by repair_bay, Sep 3, 2010.

1. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Does anyone have the full list of the UK VHS Releases for Beast Wars, along with the repaints they came with? Any help here would be appreciated :) 

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I only know of the Airazor repaint which came with the VHS cassette, as I own it, but not sure of any others. Sorry!

3. repair_bay

Ebay:
    So no one else has any other info on these?

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    As far as I know episode s02e01 was the only episode packaged with the early Fuzor / Transmetal figures, wheras s03e01 was only available as a seperate giveaway if you bought the Transmetal 2 range.

What was really annoying was when they released the episodes on sell-through VHS they neglected to release these two episodes because they were already "available", albeit as exclusives.
    Oh yeah, and they released season 2 and 3 first, then they released double VHS box sets for Season 1 called Beast Wars Beginnings.

5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Yep. It took me years before I got to watch Optimal Situation (since GMTV didnt show Season 3) IIRC.

6. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    optimal situation was the one that came with a black and purple repaint of the basic squid mold (clawjaw, i think). he has circuit tampographing to make him look faux transmetal.

they released season 3 first, in 3 episode single VHS instalments.
    then season 2 in the same format.
    season 1 was last to be released with two tapes in each pack and four volumes in all.

and we never got it on dvd.

bastards.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There were two different VHS packs in the UK. Claw Jaw was one, Spittor was the other. I've got both, Spittor is a brilliant deco, he goes well with RiD Slapper. Same basic colours. You could probably repurpose him as a Beast Wars version of Slapper. They actually came with Aftermath IIRC, Optimal Situation was a Woolworths giveaway with £20 or more spent on Beast Machines toys. I remember getting mine for buying Cheetor and Tankor.

Some info in our Resources section (with pics!):

Claw Jaw - Transformers Beast Wars - Transformers Resources
    Spittor - Transformers Beast Wars - Transformers Resources

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Beast Wars was a right mess here. Wasnt there lots of censoring and episodes not being shown on the GMTV broadcast?

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I remember when the show finally got VHS release being surprised at just how many episodes didn't air. I knew some had been skipped because of when an episode would reference something which I'd not seen happen.
    No idea why those episodes got skipped for air.
    Anyways, as for VHS figure releases I must've bought both as I've got both those figures in my collection from back then.
    Wasn't there also a VHS release that came with some colouring and activity books? I know there were some like that for G1 and I have a vague memory of getting a free Beast Wars video in a cardboard sleeve with something that wasn't a figure.

10. repair_bay

Ebay:
    Oh, so those were the only two figures? Easy enough for me haha Thanks guys!