Question about BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Johnator, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Ok I recently turned on my pile of loot and was planning on ordering something from BBTS. When I order it it shows the shipping charges etc. When I place my order will they just charge me and then they hold the item? If so what happens to future orders' shipping charges? Do they just add a fee for each future item or what? Grrrr

2. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

i think they will ship it when everything comes in

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't know maybe its better you contacted BBTS directly.

4. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

While we're at it, can anyone here confirm if Big Bad Toy Store was formed from a merger between the Big Toy Store and the Bad Toy Store?

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, I use pile of loot option there all the time and it basically works as so:

You place your order and you get charged for your order plus it's shipping (meaning you pay for that order), but they hold your items until you tell them to ship it. Now, assuming that you don't ship your stuff, when you make your next purchase you'll get charged for that item and shipping for that item, but instead of paying the full cost of shipping the item you'll pay a smaller fee (usually half to 1/3 the normal price however they figure the discount), because you're combining shipping with the shipping that you already paid for.

You can keep adding and paying for items building up your pile of loot until you decide to ship it (I usually ship stuff from them once a month letting my preorders for the month all come in along with any impulse buys I make from them). Once you ship your pile of loot the next set of items that you buy will start a new loot, but remember that everytime you start a new pile the shipping charges will be normal the first time.

6. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    If pile of loot is turned off then you pay shipping per order. Say you buy one item, you pay shipping for that one item, say you buy two items on one order then you pay reduced shipping on the second item...

If pile of loot is turned on then you pay shipping per pile of loot. Say you buy one item, it goes in your pile of loot and the first item has the shipping total for that one item. As you add items to the unshipped pile of loot, then there are small incremental charges added to your total. BBTS system is setup to add those charges automatically. Your first item will always pull the largest shipping total, usually average of 8-10 bucks, every item after that only adds smaller amounts depending on the size say around a dollar or so. I have had pile of loot all the way up to 500.00 with 7 items and shipping was like 15 bucks. If I had bought them separately it would have been about 8 bucks each.

Here is an example of a pile of loot I had that was held for about 2 weeks while different things came in..

Description
    Race Team
    Sea Team
    Energon Saber
    Shockblast
    War Within Fallen
    Subtotal $55.99
    Tax $0.00
    Shipping $7.89

7. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Also note that on occasion if something in your loot happens to get a price drop before you have it shipped they often update your loot price and give a refund. I've had this happen at least twice as I tend to have my loot piles grow over the course of a few months at a time.

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Thanks for the replies guys this really helps! Appreciate it.

9. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

HA HA HA HA!!

Wait a minute, so this means that BBTS is comprised of two different Toys R Us stores??

:confused: 

-Pit-

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What he said....I normall let it build up to a couple hundred bucks then I hit a dry spell of not wanting anything so I ship it. I bet I have saved a ton in shipping charges.

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They've never done that with me. I always had to cancel the item, get store credit, then re-purchase the item...maybe it'c changed. I haven't done it in awhile...

12. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

Never had it happened to me either, though they do it while its a preorder