Question about Barcodes for Transformers in stores

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Mar 18, 2009.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Hi,

I realise most stores use individual barcode for toys so for example Animated Soundwave rings up on the till and shows on the receipt differently from Animated jazz.

But is there any stores that only list the general description of "Transformers Animated".

Or just general descriptions of the products so they ring up all the same under the same assortment ?

So for example a place I could buy either a Jazz or a Soundwave and they would show up exactly the same on the receipt ?

I just wondered if all the stores had changed to individual barcodes or not by now.

Examples would be of interest to me.

Thanks

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thinking about exchanging items? Target still uses DCPI.

Animated Voyager - 087-06-0087
    Animated Sunstorm/Shockwave Exclusive - 087-06-0105

Walmart, Toysrus, and Kohls scan barcode items. For some items that have a barcode extension of 4-6 numbers, Walmart will not recognize the difference. I haven't seen this extension on any transformers yet.

If you're thinking about exchanging items, I've been able to exchange one item for another at Walmart before without a receipt but only if you're not on their "list".

3. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I would have believed deluxe soundwave and jazz would ring up identical

4. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Target is still the only store that you pull a "switcheroo". Buy a TFA deluxe now (while they're on sale at $8.99) as a placeholder - let's say Lockdown. Then when Arcee comes out at the regular $12.99 price a couple months later, buy her. Take the Arcee reciept and the Lockdown figure and return it using the Arcee reciept. You will then just have a TFA Arcee that you paid the sale price of $8.99 for. Always works.

The others stores, TRU, Walmart, and the rest still have item specific SKU/UPC numbers for their stuff and you can only return exactly what you bought.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    So in theory if I wanted to swap a Universe Powerglide I discovered I had bought in error ages ago and I had a recent receipt for Universe Bruticus I could refund Powerglide on Bruticus' receipt ?

What is the typical description is it something simple like "Transformers" and a code - or is it more specific like "Transformers Ultra Assortment".

Thanks for the replies so far by the way.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Anyone got anything further to add ?

7. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

You wouldn't be able to swap Bruticus with Powerglide, because I think Bruticus is going to be a Target exclusive. Target exclusives always have unique barcodes even if they match the description of a similiar item. So, for example, the TFTM exclusvie Jazz redeco was a deluxe class figure, but it does not have the same DCPI as other TFTM deluxe class figures.

As for the description appearing on the reciept, it's usually just something like "toys and sporting goods", then "Transformers", and then the DCPI number.

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If he means Predacon Bruticus, then yes, he could swap it just fine.

9. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

That is true. There is a TFU Predacon Bruticus that will be an Ultra Class figure and then there's the Target exclusive Bruticus combiner set that also would be considered Ultra Class.

Predacon Bruticus - yes.

Target Bruticus - no.

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doesn't that seem a tad dishonest?
    i hate that the price increase sucks, but pulling a switcheroo on a store seems not quite right.
    But heck, after the crap i have seen pulled at stores, i don't criticize much at all.

pulling a switcheroo to get a different figure- say, taking that TFA Waspinator back and exchanging it for a TFA Jazz at the same price seems okay but to get a retro-discount...iffy-ness to me.
    just an opinion to me.

OPINION- isn't that just an onion with a slice of Pi?