Question about Armada Prime trailer electronics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by frenzyrumble, Apr 12, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I have the trailer for Armada Prime, the one which folds apart into a minicon station.

I see and can work the electronics/sounds from the buttons near the clear display, and the goldish peg which a minicon goes on.

However, I've noticed on the side of the main part, just above the batteries is a clear plastic thing, which has some sort of switch behind it. The switch is black and has a silver "X" on it.

Anyone know what this does, or how to activate it?

2. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i heard there is the thing what triggers its transformation to the minicon base and the legs for optimus.

when you transform optimus and during the transformation one part will go over a button that activates the mechanism of the base/legs.

don't know if you can push the button whats inside there. dont know what will happen ...

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, I read somewhere it's a sensor and detects something else going on, but I can't figure it out...

4. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

I'm pretty sure what he said, could be wrong since haven't touched it in awhile.

5. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

When you transform Optimus Prime, it would send an infrared beam signal to the trailer for it to transform into the base. You'll need a clear line of sight like most infrared stuffs.

6. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    I think it works by IR.
    I'm sure you have to transform the OP figure within it's line of sight for it to work.

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    thanks guys. very gimmicky. poor toy, good for parts though ;) 

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I was wondering about this one myself. I read the toy description on tfwiki.net. I actually sold the cab to someone who wanted it for a custom (and who was willing to pay for just the cab what I was asking for the whole thing) so I have a spare trailer. Hmm.

9. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    It's actually a pretty cool gimmick. The trailer transforms into basemode when you transform the cab into robot. And when you transform the robot into the supermode part the basemode automatically TF's into the legs!

iDD