Question about Anniversary Optimus Prime?????

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by sto_vo_kor_2000, Nov 5, 2008.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

$50 tops. Those "extras" don't cost anything to make. Also, if the extras don't affect the cost of GI Joe product then why should they affect this one so much.

If I see him on clearance then I'll pick him up. But I already have the New years special, TFC, and the Encore all still boxed so no rush to get this guy.

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Um yes they do cost something to make, and yes they do affect the cost of GI Joe product. I assume you're saying that because they don't have to animate a new cartoon and write/draw a new comic that it doesn't cost anything to make. If that were the case, then I guess they should've given us all the Rhino DVDs for free, eh?

I think it's worth the price, and would pay it but for the fact that I already have G1 Prime, the DVD pilot, and the original comic book. Still considering it, though.

3. smkspy

Your Rhino analogy absolutely makes no sense. The rhino seasons are not bonus extras mean to entice you to buy the product. The sell is the DVD series itself so no I would not expect to get them for free. Of course, the extras cost something to make, but not substantially enough to raise the price $35. $5 at the most. However, these are bonuses meant give the feeling that you the buyer is getting something extra for your buck without affecting the price.

However, this new re-reissue is not meant for longtime fans, but for the naive fan/parent with renewed interest that sees it in aisle, and doesn't realize that he or she is being price gouged.

And no the extras don't affect the cost of Joe product...at least for now.

The three 5 packs(sold when individual figures were $5 a piece)- $25 for 5 figures and a voice box.
    Comic packs (two figures $5 a piece again)- $10- 2 figures and a comic (sometimes original story and artwork).
    DVD Packs (figures cost $6-7 a piece)- $20- 3-4 figures, mass device piece and DVD.

In those three instances the DVD/VB/comic are extras that don't affect the price.

And look at other Transformer toys that have featured DVDs in the past.

Animated Optimus vs Megatron--DVD, but no price increase.
    Classics Optimus vs Megatron--DVD, but no price increase.
    Hell, DVD Prime--voice box/stand, but no price increase.

4. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I'd probaly pick it up if it hits the $45-50 dollar range.

5. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

You're completely wrong, but rather than explaining why, I'll just give you the simplest solution: DON'T BUY IT.

6. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

If there is something else you want to get it he ends up really cheap on HTS if you use the MDCREW code and hit the 75 total for free shipping.

7. smkspy

Whatever you say guy...you are the authority after all.:rolleyes2 

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    If I get this thing for X-mas, I won't have to pay a cent. Good thing I don't own any of the items in the set already.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned